sorcery, perceive health and disease 12/25/2012 08:03 PM CST
plat: experimentation with the air bubble spell <sorcery> gave me this result:

>cast
You gesture.
You sense the spell pattern spontaneously extrude a series of uncontrollable ganglia with the influx of Life mana.
A sudden and violent explosion of pale, sickly green light ruptures from within your fingertips, cascading up in a dramatic, shuddering display that finally collapses upon you like a tidal wave!
>heal
Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a shattered right arm with gaping wounds, a shattered left arm with gaping wounds, a shattered right hand with gaping wounds, a shattered left hand with gaping wounds.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right arm very bad
left arm very bad
right hand heavy
left hand heavy

Your body is covered in open oozing sores.

the bug with this is that the "open oozing sores" thing did not give messaging as to being disease when I did a self-diagnosis with Perceive health self.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: sorcery, perceive health and disease 12/26/2012 12:17 AM CST
>>the bug with this is that the "open oozing sores" thing did not give messaging as to being disease when I did a self-diagnosis with Perceive health self.

Sensing disease is actually one of the only skill contests in perc health self. Were you unable to sense it for repeated tries, or just once? Disease and parasites both have a skillcheck to sense them, both with the HEALTH verb as well as with perc health or touch, and there's an RNG factor IIRC.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge