TM and Shock 12/08/2012 10:27 AM CST
I was under the impression that attacking an opponent but missing was not supposed to cause shock. This works properly with regular attacks but if I cast STRA on a living creature and miss I still get hit with a shock stun.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: TM and Shock 12/08/2012 01:05 PM CST
>I was under the impression that attacking an opponent but missing was not supposed to cause shock. This works properly with regular attacks but if I cast STRA on a living creature and miss I still get hit with a shock stun.

3.0 magic is no different than 2.0 magic when it comes to Shock. You use potential damaging magic, you get Shock, hit or miss. The 'no shock' with a miss was for non-magical attacks.

Asbhuan
Re: TM and Shock 12/08/2012 01:08 PM CST
>>The 'no shock' with a miss was for non-magical attacks.

I think what he's saying is that following this train of thought logically, this should probably also apply to magical attacks.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: TM and Shock 12/08/2012 09:57 PM CST
This is a bug, thanks for noticing this one. I will get it patched up soon, just busy RL for the next few days so reduced to posting only.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: TM and Shock 12/24/2012 05:28 PM CST
>>I was under the impression that attacking an opponent but missing was not supposed to cause shock. This works properly with regular attacks but if I cast STRA on a living creature and miss I still get hit with a shock stun.

I think I have a fix for this one. I rolled this to Test just now but I am going to hold off on Plat to make sure it's stable. Missing with a harmful spell should now not cause shock.

Let me know if you notice anything odd.

Melete
Here as he walked by
A nameless Dwarf
THE BEARD INTEGER
Re: TM and Shock 12/25/2012 06:38 PM CST
>I think I have a fix for this one. I rolled this to Test just now but I am going to hold off on Plat to make sure it's stable. Missing with a harmful spell should now not cause shock.
>Let me know if you notice anything odd.
>Melete

Drop it into Plat, stable or not. I'm most likely the only one that will abuse it anyway.

Asbhuan
Re: TM and Shock 12/26/2012 12:14 AM CST
>>Drop it into Plat, stable or not. I'm most likely the only one that will abuse it anyway.

I had to do some fairly low level magic muckery so it's not just Empaths I worry about, but magic users as a whole. I seeeeeriously doubt it broke anything, but still. I try not to underestimate my powers as far as that kind of thing goes.

Melete
Here as he walked by
A nameless Dwarf
THE BEARD INTEGER
Re: TM and Shock 12/30/2012 03:23 AM CST
Rolled this into Plat. Let me know if it turns you all into newts or anything of that nature.

Melete
Here as he walked by
A nameless Dwarf
THE BEARD INTEGER