Corpse + Vigil 01/17/2013 01:20 PM CST
Alright, so for bodies who are going below the 30 minute mark, I tend to cast VIGIL on them so that way we don't have any issues of them auto-departing while we try to get them up.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get a person up, especially if you bring in a corpse and an advanced Cleric is giving lectures and teaching a novice Cleric who just got the REZZ ability.

You begin chanting catechisms to invoke the Vigil spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast person
[Person] is already dead, so that's a bit pointless.

I might would understand but can someone please explain? Are we not able to vigil our corpses anymore? I always used vigil to help increase their spirit so that way in case I have trouble rezz'ing them, they won't suddenly poof on me.
Suppose I could understand in a way why we wouldn't be able to vigil them since we're technically trying to search out their spirit to raise, but can there be a way to either increase auto-depart time or allow us to infuse our own spirit into theirs while we look for them?

Also, can we put the REZZ abbreviation back on the Resurrection spell? Or is it being used elsewhere? If not, no worries, I'll get used to it.
Re: Corpse + Vigil 01/17/2013 01:32 PM CST
Vigil can now be cast on dead people.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Corpse + Vigil 01/17/2013 01:36 PM CST
There's a stalker joke there, I just can't put my finger in it.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Corpse + Vigil 01/17/2013 01:39 PM CST
Thank you!