Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 09:10 AM CST
I don't know if it matters to anyone besides me, but as a user of the Wizard FE, I've had to deal with random times in combat of yellow highlighting effecting my entire screen until the line causing it scrolls past the top. It makes it impossible to see the yellow highlighted hit messaging when all text is yellow. So, I went to a couple different areas in Test to check out combat, and whatever is doing it in Prime is a lot worse in Test. Combat constantly keeps my text in yellow in river sprites. From their first gesture until I left the area. Fendryads and swamp trolls weren't quite as bad.

The problem wasn't found before, and was/is considered a low priority, but whatever the problem is, it has almost completely infected the combat messaging in 3.0. Is this going to be something that will be looked for since its so much worse in 3.0, or is Wizard FE just dead and it won't be figured out since it doesn't effect any other FE?
Re: Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 09:27 AM CST
i use wizard as well, to get rid of that problem i've just changed background and foreground colors. <i use highlights for much as well>. The only problem i've had is when i get something where i've highlighted some symbol as "highlight entire line" - which i use for kraelysts travel script, and some other wonkiness <under configurations> and it ends up putting the entire paragraph in some dark color so I can't read it.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 10:04 AM CST
>>Wizard FE is just dead
Re: Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 10:45 AM CST
Just figured out why it hit me so glaringly. Haven't been doing combat enough.... but in 2.0, this highlighting error only triggers on my attacks. In Test, it triggers on critter attacks as well as my attacks. Magic as well as mundane. So what got added to enemy combat messaging that isn't there in 2.0?
Re: Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 12:19 PM CST
We'll take a look.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Highlights worse in Test 01/11/2013 12:49 PM CST
At least for me in Plat it seemed to be happening less in 3.0 than in 2.0. One consistent trigger though has been appraising an alfar warrior while in combat, no matter what the creature is.

Asbhuan