3.0 and me.... 01/18/2013 10:35 PM CST

I am gonna give it a run...played it in test and don't like lots....like lots...but...I have already reduced my subscription from preimie to basic....after over 15 years of playing DR, I am not thrilled with having to relearn something I spent over a decade learning. But I will try it and do my best to accept the new things...but a rezz that takes 10 minutes....not happy....foci....not happy....spirit attacks....happy....buffs being able to be dispelled...not happy...TM needing to be relearned(prep low and use camb) not happy....combat....happy....we'll see what the next few weeks bring
Re: 3.0 and me.... 01/19/2013 12:17 AM CST
>>but a rezz that takes 10 minutes....not happy

Once you get used to the new way, it won't take you anywhere near 10 minutes at your level.

>>....foci....not happy

Only required for a tiny subset of spells that have huge durations, but I can understand not liking ritual components for even a few spells. In this case I hope the other benefits to 3.0 outweigh this burden for you.

>>....spirit attacks....happy

Yeah these are pretty awesome.

>>....buffs being able to be dispelled...not happy

Considering Clerics have some of the best dispels (including the only room dispel, and a TM damage dispel) as well as some of the best dispel prevention, well, lets just say that with a bit of playing this part of X3 will hopefully make you happy.

>>...TM needing to be relearned(prep low and use camb) not happy

Cambrinth is one option, harnessing is another, which has always been pretty standard. Remembering that you don't get penalized for having low mana is a major key when thinking about the amount of mana you want to use for spells. If you get low on mana from casting lots of bigger spells, you'll get a lot more back.

>>....combat....happy

Yep, we're pretty happy about this one too.

>>....we'll see what the next few weeks bring

I'm looking forward to it as well. See you there.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: 3.0 and me.... 01/19/2013 10:32 AM CST

>I am gonna give it a run

Ah drat!
Re: 3.0 and me.... 01/19/2013 12:22 PM CST
I was very vocal last night over some paradigm changes, but that said the GM's on the crew are very open minded, open to discussion and very intelligent. I feel if something is being a huge pain point, they will address it.
Re: 3.0 and me.... 01/19/2013 01:01 PM CST
I'll second that. If you take some sample logs, and come to the table honestly, without any 'whaaaaa make this my way or I quit!!' drama (I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF DOING THIS), the GMs as a whole have been very willing to comment on what you're doing vs. what they're doing, or stat/skill/ability choices you're using/making to get that result, vs. the desired result, and tweak things if they need to be tweaked.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.