RE: 3.0 impliment next week. 01/13/2013 08:17 PM CST
Okay, I noticed that there is a lot of changes and its starting next week. But I have been hearing rumors that clerics are going to have to redo almost all the the major quests. I wanted to find out if this is true and if it is, are they going to be more difficult or whats going to happen? And who can we talk to if we have maybe questions that cant really be answered in a forum, for example maybe someone had difficulty completing a quest the first time around do to rl reasons and having to do it a second time where its even more difficult might be a challenge.

Personally, we did those quests already and i dont think we should really have to redo everything.

>>Male Persona Non grata seeking Dead Female Pokemon
RE: 3.0 impliment next week. 01/13/2013 08:21 PM CST
>we did those quests already and i dont think we should really have to redo everything

The announcement said you won't have to redo most quests. Stop listening to rumors, and listen to the GMs. It might be more productive to ask which, if any, of your spells you'll have to re-quest, instead of freaking out.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
RE: 3.0 impliment next week. 01/13/2013 08:49 PM CST
>>But I have been hearing rumors that clerics are going to have to redo almost all the the major quests.

Spell quests (REZZ, MF) will not need to be redone. The three communes that have changed dramatically for X3 will need to be redone(Tamsine, Eluned I, and Meraud). These three quests each take about a minute to get started, followed by a few minutes of getting chatted at by an animal on how they work. Aside from the functional differences in the abilities, two of them are activated differently than you are used to, and all three of them are tracked differently now on the back end of things. One major reason for this quest redo is that once you get through, even folks that are not keeping up with the development changes will be able to make use of their abilities. Running each of these quests awards Theurgy exp, so your time will be rewarded even if you already know everything there is to know about all these changes.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
RE: 3.0 impliment next week. 01/13/2013 09:32 PM CST
Please, please, tell me what these 'issues in RL make it hard to do a quest' issues are. Because I'm racking my brain and coming up empty. I'm not mocking. Honestly curious.

That said, it took me maybe 10 minutes to redo the quests once the bugs were ironed out.
That's total time. Granted I was in xings so it'll be more if you have to travel there.

Might be nice for there to be some month long travel method open.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.