Cleric 3.0 Bugs? 12/14/2012 03:49 PM CST
-If you have a vigil link on a PC and cast dispel on the linked PC the messaging says you successfully dispelled vigil. If you PERC with either character you'll see that the vigil link is still intact.

-The description for ghost shroud says it's supposed to help protect against mundane ranged attacks. It's working properly against TM attacks but I don't see it activating against bows or crossbows. I'm casting at 13 mana so maybe the mundane ranged protection is only unlocked at higher cast?

-A minimum cast of maledication on a PC has a ridiculous duration:
>You sense the Malediction spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand three hundred thirty-two roisaen.

-I love the debilitating function of divine radiance, however the parsing seems wonky. If you TAR DR <#> it just preps like normal. You can then form a target matrix if you want but I'm not sure it does anything. Using CAST will cast it as a light source on yourself regardless of whether you're targeting or facing an opponent. You can CAST <PC> to get the debilitating effects. I know I got it to work on critters using CAST <critter> a couple times but now I can't seem to do it at all. Not sure why.

-There's a bizarre messaging bug when casting DR on a PC, but only when they block part of the light with a shield:
>You gesture at Sepulcrow.
>A bright flash engulfs your hand as a ray of holy light streaks from your palm, speeding toward Sepulcrow!
>Sepulcrow's 3.0 TargetPID blocks some of the light.
>The ray strikes Sepulcrow in the abdomen, blossoming into an impressive display of flashing lights that cling to >him.
>Sepulcrow stumbles slightly.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Cleric 3.0 Bugs? 12/14/2012 07:07 PM CST
>-I love the debilitating function of divine radiance, however the parsing seems wonky. If you TAR DR <#> it just preps like normal. You can then form a target matrix if you want but I'm not sure it does anything. Using CAST will cast it as a light source on yourself regardless of whether you're targeting or facing an opponent. You can CAST <PC> to get the debilitating effects. I know I got it to work on critters using CAST <critter> a couple times but now I can't seem to do it at all. Not sure why.

I think the Ranger spell Compost was a similar functioning spell (part TM part utility) and the GMs just broke it into its two components to 'fix' it as two seperate spells. Might be for the best with DR.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Cleric 3.0 Bugs? 12/14/2012 08:35 PM CST
>-The description for ghost shroud says it's supposed to help protect against mundane ranged attacks.

As far as I know, (at least in Prime) the protection is there but it was never set up to 'flare' on mundane attacks so it has always been hard to observe in practice.
Re: Cleric 3.0 Bugs? 12/16/2012 04:12 AM CST
>>vigil link on a PC and cast dispel

Fixed.

>>ghost shroud says it's supposed to help protect against mundane ranged attacks.

It does, just very quietly. And it does so at any level of mana investment, though as with most stuff, scales with potency.

>>cast of maledication on a PC has a ridiculous duration

Fixed.

>>divine radiance

Yeah, the hybrid TM/Utility spells are a bit weird. I'll work on getting this one a bit better acting in the next few days.

>>bizarre messaging bug when casting

If I'm not mistaken, that messaging thing pops up on a lot of spells under those circumstances. It'll get squared away eventually.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate