OM testing 12/09/2012 11:09 AM CST
Inspired by some of the testing done, I thought I'd poke OM a little. With roughly 200s, and aligned Huldah, I could get PFE and MPP in my orb. I couldn't get mapp or benediction, and didn't think to try the others, I assumed it was my cap.

Roughly 200s in magics (MD lagging around 170s).

Creating and charging the OM orb taught utility ok, if I disregard the 20+ seconds of RT each time. After about 5 minutes of RT I was able to lift my orb up to 'half melted candle'. Couldn't charge more than 20ish mana without backfiring. I can't remember if I have infuse (I believe I do not) on the cleric, but infuse wasn't working for me. The RT seems a bit excessive, even given the benefit of OM.

I have a question for anyone who's played with it more (or, you know, a GM) when stashing PFE for example, I assume the spell goes into effect at the mana it was prepped at, correct? Does anyone know or understand how duration is calculated from this point? Does it refresh every 60 seconds and redrain? Every 200 seconds? Does anyone know the new metric for how many spells you can orb at once?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: OM testing 12/09/2012 12:50 PM CST
I'm not sure if there is another way to charge the orb, but waiting 20 seconds for the spell to prep, cast, and then another 20 second RT seems pretty harsh.

I'm at the point I can cast the spell, but I really can't see it being of any use until I can lower the RT after the cast significantly.

As you said, it takes around 5 minutes of casting to get it to a half-melted candle which ends up not being much. It's just easier to recast the spells.

I never did like spells that you can cast, but can't use. It's a neat spell and has a great effect. Just stinks that it has little to no use at the level you can begin casting it.
Re: OM testing 12/09/2012 01:04 PM CST
> I'm not sure if there is another way to charge the orb, but waiting 20 seconds for the spell to prep, cast, and then another 20 second RT seems pretty harsh.

If it helps, at nearly 200 MD, my RT to charge is actually only 19 seconds.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: OM testing 12/09/2012 01:15 PM CST
>>If it helps, at nearly 200 MD, my RT to charge is actually only 19 seconds.

Haha, yeah my RT is actually 19 as well. But no, it doesn't help. :P

As far as I understood you use to be able to lower that round time with both PM and MD, but now it looks like only arcana is involved.

Unless, charging the orb becomes more efficient in some way, it'll be a very very long time, before this is very useful.
Re: OM testing 12/09/2012 03:39 PM CST
Looks like you can infuse mana into it.

R> infuse om 10

You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You concentrate intently, attempting to infuse a moderate amount of your harnessed mana into your active Osrel Meraud spell pattern.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
You sense that you were able to channel roughly three-fourths of your infusion's power into a luminous orb of coruscating rainbowed light. A faint tugging sensation emanates from the orb, as if it hungers for more.
R>

R> infuse om 50

You tap into the mana from fifty of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You concentrate intently, attempting to infuse a vast amount of your harnessed mana into your active Osrel Meraud spell pattern.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
You sense that you were able to channel roughly three-fourths of your infusion's power into a luminous orb of coruscating rainbowed light. A faint tingle washes through you as some of the energy is diffused, the orb having reached its full capacity.
R>
Re: OM testing 12/09/2012 07:05 PM CST
That seems more effective than recasting.
Re: OM testing 12/10/2012 08:20 AM CST
Didn't know about infusing it, handy pick up there. As to durations, I'm not sure spells in Om are assigned a duration anymore since they last until its reservoir is depleted. At the earlier stages of test they were showing very extensive durations but I think that was a bug that has been squished.