Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 12:54 PM CST
Hello All,

Kind of curious how Clerics are digging combat in 3.0. What are your must have buffs? Do you feel your TM experience is in general improved?

Etc, Etc.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 05:42 PM CST
With OM? All. Must have all the things!

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 06:15 PM CST
Clerics are about 20% more awesome, which is amazing given how secretly awesome they were in 2.0.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 06:56 PM CST
>Clerics are about 20% more awesome, which is amazing given how secretly awesome they were in 2.0.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 08:45 PM CST
> Clerics are about 20% more awesome, which is amazing given how secretly awesome they were in 2.0.

Best example: I complain about align.

I am told 'the penalty stays, to balance the cleric magic book. Otherwise we gut half the spells'.

By several GMs. That's how OP clerics are. They need a 15% penalty.

Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 09:05 PM CST
Awesome. Thinking of making a gnome cleric alt and wanted a heads up:)
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 10:46 PM CST
Speaking of Alignment, the table of Gods and their skill bonuses is completed and posted on Elanthipedia at http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Cleric_3.0#Alignment
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/05/2012 11:31 PM CST
>Speaking of Alignment, the table of Gods and their skill bonuses is completed and posted on Elanthipedia at http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Cleric_3.0#Alignment

Weeee! I was wondering when someone would do that. Thanks.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 12:56 AM CST
>>Awesome. Thinking of making a gnome cleric alt and wanted a heads up:)

You should, they're amazingly fun, and have so many situationally-useful spells in the spellbook that it's just staggering, really.

They don't have as much quality of life utility as Moon Mages what with Moongates and Shadewatch Mirrors and Shadow Servants, but they probably have the most versatile arsenal of offensive abilities in the game. Magic seal, heavy offense/defense curse, pulsing AOE knockback, self-rezz, killing enemies with spirit deaths. And all this is on top of one of the best array of both physical and magical buffs in the game, which fill themselves with Osrel Meraud.

Yeah, commune strength got shafted and we take a net penalty to magic skills now, but really, at a certain point it would be unfair to others if all that stuff stayed.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 07:21 AM CST
Would it be possible to add skills penalized to the tables there? That's probably more important than the bonus, in some cases.

Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 07:57 AM CST
>>Would it be possible to add skills penalized to the tables there? That's probably more important than the bonus, in some cases.

I edited the intro text slightly to indicate the five possible skills, is that sufficient? Process of elimination should tell you what each skill penalizes then, though if a few people want to see it at a glance, too, I can look into throwing that in.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 10:04 AM CST
>I edited the intro text slightly to indicate the five possible skills, is that sufficient? Process of elimination should tell you what each skill penalizes then, though if a few people want to see it at a glance, too, I can look into throwing that in.

...ya. I haz a stupid and mathed bad. Sorry about that.

Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 01:57 PM CST
>>...ya. I haz a stupid and mathed bad. Sorry about that.

No worries. I actually tried adding those too, but all that extra info crammed in broke up the pretty tables that LIURIDR made, so I think those work fine.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 02:05 PM CST
It bothers me somewhat that each possible combination is not available as a Light/Neutral/Dark aspect.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 02:14 PM CST
>>It bothers me somewhat that each possible combination is not available as a Light/Neutral/Dark aspect.

Yes, that bothers me too. You only need 10 of the 13 Immortals to offer every combination for every alignment, seems strange that 4 of the 13 dark aspects are debilitation and utility.
Re: Cleric Combat 3.0 12/06/2012 02:20 PM CST
I also went ahead and threw up a Skills -> Gods table.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh