Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 04:10 PM CST
Good stuff.

Glad to see someone really testing out the cleric stuff. The lack of feedback in this folder has made me a sad panda. We're at a fraction of the number of posts in the other guild folders.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 04:15 PM CST
It seemed so long when I was making it. ;)
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 04:41 PM CST
Duration:

40 mana PFE and MPP in the orb, lasted 52 minutes. Nice.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 04:42 PM CST
>>40 mana PFE and MPP in the orb, lasted 52 minutes.

That, I like.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 05:04 PM CST
I didn't even know some of those spells could go into the orb. Thanks.

So is the purpose of OM purely to act as a mana battery?

Nikpack
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 05:23 PM CST
>>So is the purpose of OM purely to act as a mana battery?

Pretty much. Probably one of the greatest perks of being a cleric is having a mana battery for easier maintainence of buffs. It's probably not as incredible since durations on things increased by quite a bit, but still pretty awesome.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 05:23 PM CST
Given the nature of cyclics, I'm wondering if OM should be repurposed. If all it does is act as a mana battery, then why not just bring spells durations or caps into a more reasonable limit?
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 05:25 PM CST
>Given the nature of cyclics, I'm wondering if OM should be repurposed. If all it does is act as a mana battery, >then why not just bring spells durations or caps into a more reasonable limit?

I think the easy buff maintainence makes the spell easily worth what it. I'm perfectly happy with what it does.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 05:43 PM CST
The main benefits I can see are easy buff maintenance and potential dispel protection. Infusing your orb with 100 mana every 30-45 minutes to keep multiple buffs rolling instead of having to recast them all and monitor individual durations? Um... Awesome. I'm working up to testing dispel vs OM, but my characters are all in the 50th circle range.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 11/26/2012 06:09 PM CST
Man. Didn't realize so many spells worked with OM now...

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/01/2012 11:44 PM CST
Tested against some big Moon Mage guy. The spells in the orb are immune to dispel. Woot.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/15/2012 11:16 PM CST
>>The spells in the orb are immune to dispel. Woot.

This is no longer the case. Well sorta. If an attempt at a dispel finds its way toward a cleric, and it can't find any other spell targets to blow up (or has already blown them all up and can still do more damage) then the dispel will affect your OM orb by ripping mana out of it. The amount of mana lost during a dispel is based on the remaining potency of the Dispel cast and the number of spells stored in the orb. If the orb runs out of mana, then all spells will end as usual, and the dim orb will remain to keep you company.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 12:31 AM CST
I think a self-cast Dispel needs to be much easier to pull off. I'm casting a 100 mana Dispel at full prep with:

Augmentation: 993 17% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 882 82% clear (0/34)
Utility: 827 65% dabbling (1/34) Warding: 772 47% clear (0/34)

(whatever it falls under)

and it's not removing any of my 10-spell aegis. Self-cast SNAP should be getting rid of something.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 12:45 AM CST
I didn't think dispel was for self cast buffs. To remove self cast buffs, simply RELEASE <spell abbreviation>.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 12:50 AM CST
Oh. God I'm a noob.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 01:00 AM CST
Buuut... what if self-cast Dispel could be used in lieu of RELEASING everything? I'm sure there's some obscure scenario where someone would want to unravel their mountain of buffs and it'd be easier to do in one fell swoop.
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 01:18 AM CST
IIRC Dispel only dispels the top-most spell, nothing more.

I actually was kinda upset at this(Still am, not sure if it's changed) because people can simply throw up a min prep lay ward in order to negate any Dispel you throw, even a capped Dispel. Only strips off the top-most layer, nothing more.

So you'd still have to cast Dispel for every single spell on you in order to get them all off.

~ Leilond
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 01:19 AM CST
Although I will say, a RELEASE BUFFS option to let down all of your buffs in one fell swoop might be nice. Sounds kinda like what you're going for, anyway :P

~ Leilond
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 08:17 AM CST
<<Buuut... what if self-cast Dispel could be used in lieu of RELEASING everything? I'm sure there's some obscure scenario where someone would want to unravel their mountain of buffs and it'd be easier to do in one fell swoop.>>

you Can release everything at once with "release"

RELEASE Options:
ALL (default -- releases held mana, cyclic spells, and spell being prepared)
SPELL (releases spell being prepared)
CYCLIC (releases your active cyclic spell)
MANA (releases all held mana)
<#> MANA (releases a specific amount of held mana)
{SPELL} (releases a spell that you've cast on yourself)
SCROLL {SPELL} (releases a scroll you've memorized)

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 09:29 AM CST
>>you Can release everything at once with "release"

RELEASE ALL in this context does not release all spells on you, only cyclics, plus any mana being held and whatever you are preparing. Any straight duration spells in effect will still be there.

Kllling you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: [bug/info] Osrel Meraud testing LONG 12/16/2012 11:00 AM CST
I can't envision a scenario in which dropping them all individually is unacceptable. It seems a silly thing to ask for.