[BUG] Idon't Theft 11/25/2012 04:04 PM CST
Playing around with Idon's Theft first got me this result against a swamp troll:

<You turn your gaze on a swamp troll, letting a jolt of Idon's Theft engulf your sight.
<Limned in cobalt lightning flash, the simulacrum of a nascent spell pattern is disclosed to your senses. You cloud the swamp troll's mind with psychic cacophony while you reconfigure the intersections of mana lines, successfully usurping the Arc Light spell!
<Roundtime: 2 sec.

I was able to cast the stolen spell back at him which was fun. I waited a moment or two then prepped and cast IT again and got this messaging:

<You turn your gaze on a swamp troll, letting a jolt of Idon's Theft engulf your sight.
<Limned in cobalt lightning flash, the simulacrum of a primed spell pattern is disclosed to your senses. You cloud the swamp troll's mind with psychic cacophony while you reconfigure the intersections of mana lines, successfully usurping the spell!
<Roundtime: 2 sec.
<The cobalt charge in your eyes flickers out.

As you can see, no spell was actually stolen even though the verbage - minus the name of any spell - was exactly the same. Shouldn't there be a default messaging that no spell was stolen rather than repeating the same text with a blank where the spell name should go?

I totally love this spell, by the way!!
Re: [BUG] Idon't Theft 11/26/2012 05:34 PM CST
Love that combat verbs can default to PC targets now (ex. ATTACK, CAST, etc). I noticed that IT doesn't always work with this though. Below STEAL and CAST don't default to a target.

Sorein assumes a calm stance, concentrating on something.
> steal
You haven't picked something to steal!
> steal sore
You turn your gaze on Sorein, letting a jolt of Idon's Theft engulf your sight.
Limned in cobalt lightning flash, the simulacrum of a primed spell pattern is disclosed to your senses. You cloud Sorein's mind with psychic cacophony while you reconfigure the intersections of mana lines, successfully usurping the Stampede spell!
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R> targ
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around Sorein.

>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around Sorein has completed.
> cast
You can't cast that at yourself!
> cast sore

You raise your right hand skyward and make a quick whipping motion.
The pounding sound of a multitdue of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards Sorein!
The horse quickly runs past Sorein!
The horse leaves Sorein mostly unfazed as it bounces off him, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse leaves Sorein mostly unfazed as it bounces off him, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: [BUG] Idon't Theft 12/10/2012 03:28 AM CST
>>Below STEAL and CAST don't default to a target.

Steal isn't going to default to any targets, this is by design. The cast not defaulting was due to a bug in Stampede which has been fixed.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate