Resurrection 11/24/2012 12:08 PM CST
Killed my husband with SA - that was fun! He had no wounds at all, so I started to raise him...

Rejuv worked fine.
Resurrection no longer goes into my OM orb.
Soul Bond worked fine so then proceeded to do Resurrection old school...
I prepped Resurrection at 30, waited full prep, cast (couldn't cast the spell directly on him since he was dead).
I then started infusing the spell at 10 - after a dozen or so, I was no closer to finding his spirit. I upped the infuse to 15 several times, then 20 several times, then 25 several times, then tried 30. At this point I was completely out of mana and the spell failed.

Question:
1. So, what was I doing wrong? Was I just infusing at too low an amount and needed to start way higher? Was I missing a step? Why wasn't I able to find his spirit? He has 15 favors of a neutral god, so I don't think that was it.

2. Why won't the orb take resurrection? Is that intended? If the orb doesn't hold resurrection anymore, can we get a list of spells that do work with it?

Any enlightment would be appreciated.
Re: Resurrection 11/24/2012 12:40 PM CST
Rezz is now a cyclic. The mana you prep/cast at determines the mana you can infuse. Otherwise supposed to be the same. Teaches great.

I recommend running rezz out of camb if you can, possibly at lower mana.

I never got it to work but my only test subject had no favors.

Remember you have access to healme in test, which puts you back to 100% in everything, fully healed, and will bring you back from death too.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Resurrection 11/24/2012 02:03 PM CST
>Remember you have access to healme in test

This is currently turned off (or was last time I was inn, last night).

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Resurrection 11/24/2012 04:25 PM CST
Oh, my apologies.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Resurrection 11/24/2012 06:49 PM CST
After reading older documentation regarding proposed 3.0 cleric spells, I found the following:

<Note on Spirit Deaths: Players will no longer decay immediately. However, Resurrection and Murrula's Flames will not work on you if you died a spirit death. Similarly, deaths by Harm Evil or Harm Horde will prevent a necromancer's Spiteful Rebirth.)

I believe this is why I couldn't resurrect my husband since I'd killed him by spirit death.

Also, thanks for the suggestion to use healme during testing. Let's hope it's turned back on so the mana drain while testing thing is mitigated.
Re: Resurrection 11/25/2012 02:20 AM CST
It is turned on.