Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 01:00 PM CST
There's a few new things with X3 for Clerics that are mostly geared toward making Theurgy training an easier part of your routine.

First, three communes have been rewritten, and you will need to redo the quests for them.

:Tamsine - Gives TM bonus to undead.

:Eluned - Creates water. Hold some dirt in one hand, a container in the other and COMMUNE ELUNED. Skill in Theurgy will determine how much water is created. Depending on the climate of the area and skill, a room use water source will get created.

:Meraud - Consecrates a room, a number of rituals can then be performed there such as playing music, reciting, dancing, exploding beads, and last rites (new ritual). The mana boost is no longer a static setting. It now adds mana dependent on Theurgy skill, so it will boost good mana rooms much better, but very low mana rooms may not end up as good as before. The mana boost now extends to all the other mana types, except 'Arcane' mana which will take a penalty. The mana boost will be lessened depending on how far removed from the spectrum that particular type is from holy, and Sorcery skill if you have fairly low ranks of it. So, Holy boost > Life boost > Elemental boost > Lunar boost > Arcane penalty. The RT, fatigue hit, and falling to knees effects are also skill based. This commune no longer has the safe room feature, and is no longer restricted from use in random places. It can be used anywhere and is intended to be used to allow better Theurgy training while hunting (Going to altars will still be the best thing to do).

A few rituals have been modified/created to assist in training.

:Playing hymns/psalms for immortal - Any song type will grant at least a small amount of devotion/theurgy now. Wedding songs have been bumped to grant Hymn level devotion, Dirge songs have been bumped to provide Psalm level devotion, and Requiem songs award more than Psalms. All other song types award a static small amount of devotion, and being at a consecrated location is still required.

:Incense Ritual - Wave incense at <altar>. Neutral aligned ritual that awards a small amount of devotion/theurgy. There is a dark aligned version of this that is, so far, undiscovered that requires the use of a specially prepared piece of incense. The award for the dark version is a bit higher. If you figure it out, feel free to boast.

:Last Rites - Must be performed on consecrated ground, Pray <dead creature>. Skinning or Looting the creature before doing this will prevent this from working. Does not work on cursed creatures.

Enjoy!

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 02:09 PM CST
Was only able to play around for about a half hour earlier, but initial thoughts:

Idon's Theft -- everything to me. Love it. Question: with all magics 1000+ going into test, I couldn't even cast a min prep Iron Constitution without backfiring (ranging from barely to badly). I wonder if the difficulty needs to be scaled better because that doesn't seem right to me.

CHS -- murderous as ever, also love. Seems very similar to the vintage version from the one time I used it. Snap cast removed 50% spirit health on a character with 60 charisma. I hope the damage calcs are to your satisfaction because I'm enjoying it so far.

Hydra Hex -- couldn't figure the syntax of this one out. If I did a CAST MALEDICTION I got messaging that indicated something was going on, but nothing pulsed and I couldn't figure out what to do after that. Any help?

Glythtide's Gift -- didn't bother with this one yet due to the spell description on Soch's site showing it was apparently unchanged. Is this still actually a fluff spell? I thought this was slated to become more useful.
Re: Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 02:36 PM CST
Ok so I thought about it and I'm guessing the Idon issue is due to a lack of Sorcery skill. Is there a way we can get ranks of it to test things like this out?
Re: Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 03:00 PM CST
>>Idon't Theft

I think Sorcery skill comes into play, which you might have been low at.

>>CHS

Sounds little high, we'll continue to monitor this for balance.

>>HYH

CAST MALEDICTION should pulse from time to time to add the curse to any engaged targets. If nothing was engaged to you there is very little messaging that will happen after the cast. You can infuse mana into the spell to affect all targets at will. You can also, CAST MALEDICTION [OFFENSE/DEFENSE] to modify the Malediction effects

>>GG

It is also a self-cast only Wisdom booster, the spell write up may have forgotten this point.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 03:20 PM CST
>CAST MALEDICTION should pulse from time to time to add the curse to any engaged targets. If nothing was engaged to you there is very little messaging that will happen after the cast. You can infuse mana into the spell to affect all targets at will. You can also, CAST MALEDICTION [OFFENSE/DEFENSE] to modify the Malediction effects

Ok, I took "all those around the Cleric" in the spell description to mean the entire room. So that explains it. Thanks.
Re: Clerics 3.0 - New Stuff 11/21/2012 05:07 PM CST
I had no idea the offense/defense cast on malediction via HH worked, good to know. Any chance of spell effect messaging that? I quit putting in the modifiers because I thought it wasn't doing anything.

HyH was hands down one of my favorite spells. Awesome for training and effect.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.