MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 08:30 AM CST
Stupid question, but can someone explain what is being shown here?

|>>>>>>>|
|

The > is measuring my... IF level? The middle | is measuring my...?

A few times while toying around, I ended up with something like this:

|>>>>>|>>>>>>>>
|

And I'm not sure what to make of that.
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 08:51 AM CST
It shows your inner fire level - how much inner fire is "powering" your abilities. Its similar to how, if you've played a magic user, their harness level fuels their spells.

Its sort of like a mana bar. <just don't tell agonar>

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 10:14 AM CST
The line in the middle is the point where IF will passively regen or decline to (33%). If there is > past the line then it will decline if you are not killing anything.
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 10:14 AM CST
I understand that; what I don't understand is what the |>>>>>>>>>|>>>
| is showing. The middle '|'
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 10:15 AM CST
Ah, gotcha, thanks!
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 12:54 PM CST
>>The line in the middle is the point where IF will passively regen or decline to (33%). If there is > past the line then it will decline if you are not killing anything.

This.

Also, remember that forms reduce the passive regen cap. So as an example, by having up a couple forms your regen cap might be at 20% instead of 33%.

This is significant when you're trying to strategize on which combination of abilities to use, as you don't want to throw away Inner Fire beforing activating other abilities.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 01:21 PM CST
Also interesting, I didn't realize # of forms affected min regen level. In fact, I think I don't understand how IF is utilized at all;

Do forms, berserks and meditations all reduce the min regen level in addition to periodically sapping IF?
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 01:51 PM CST
>>Do forms, berserks and meditations all reduce the min regen level in addition to periodically sapping IF?

Nope. If I'm not mistaken, forms don't sap IF at all. They just lower the regen cap. Every form works like this so the more you use the more the cap will be lowered.

Berserks cost a small to moderate amount of Inner Fire to activate depending on the berserk. They also sap IF during the duration each time they pulse.

Meditations cost the most Inner Fire upon activation, and of course this varies for each one. From my testing, Prediction costed the most Inner Fire out of any other meditation, including Serenity (which was the 2nd most). I'm not sure if meditations actively sap IF, but I can easily test it.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 02:41 PM CST
Interesting, I wish I had tested my barb a bit more. Thanks!
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 07:05 PM CST
>>Nope. If I'm not mistaken, forms don't sap IF at all.

I am relatively certain that Forms also have a small maintenance cost when they pulse, just like Berserks. I KNOW they did when they were first released in Plat, and the original documentation reflects this.

~The Prydaen~
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 07:12 PM CST
>>I am relatively certain that Forms also have a small maintenance cost when they pulse, just like Berserks. I KNOW they did when they were first released in Plat, and the original documentation reflects this.

If they do, I find the maintenance cost of one basic berserk to be more noticeable than three intro/basic forms.
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 07:36 PM CST
<<If they do, I find the maintenance cost of one basic berserk to be more noticeable than three intro/basic forms.>>

I find this to be pretty much true as well.

- Buuwl
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 08:39 PM CST
Forms do have a small upkeep cost in IF, much like roars. It is one of the ways we limit folks from using 5 forms before they are ready skill-wise. It also prevents folks from using abilities when they have no inner fire.

Note - I fixed Berserk Volcano for when we go live tomorrow. It was sapping the ATTACKER's inner fire. Doh!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: MEDITATE POWER/FLAME 01/18/2013 09:59 PM CST
>>It is one of the ways we limit folks from using 5 forms before they are ready skill-wise.

Probably why it was only ever a noticeable factor on my 10th circle Barb, not the bigger one. Guess the system works.

~The Prydaen~