Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:03 PM CST
This berserk still doesn't seem to be working properly. Much much too strong/OP. I used it at 7% vitality and it boosted me to about 63% vitality, then I stanced down to 1% evasion and shield, took off my armor, and Firekast + Gort couldn't kill me for like 5 minutes until my berserk ended. Gort kept attacking and so did Firekast.

It wasn't pulsing and keeping me alive, it just kept reducing the killing blows to grazing/light hits that didn't do anything. Here's a look at me before my berserk ended:

Vinjince's injuries include...
Wounds to the HEAD:
Fresh External: cuts and bruises about the head -- more than minor
Fresh Internal: a bruised head -- more than minor
Wounds to the NECK:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the neck -- harmful
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and deeply bruised neck -- harmful
Wounds to the RIGHT ARM:
Fresh External: an ugly stump for a right arm -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and shattered right arm which appears completely useless -- useless
Wounds to the LEFT ARM:
Fresh External: a broken left arm with gaping holes -- severe
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm -- very damaging
Wounds to the RIGHT LEG:
Fresh External: an ugly stump for a right leg -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and shattered right leg which appears completely useless -- useless
Wounds to the LEFT LEG:
Fresh External: an ugly stump for a left leg -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and shattered left leg which appears completely useless -- useless
Wounds to the RIGHT HAND:
Fresh External: an ugly stump for a right hand -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and shattered right hand which appears completely useless -- useless
Wounds to the CHEST:
Fresh External: deep slashes across the chest area -- damaging
Fresh Internal: severely swollen and bruised chest area -- damaging
Wounds to the ABDOMEN:
Fresh External: deep slashes across the abdomen -- very damaging
Fresh Internal: severely swollen and bruised abdomen -- very damaging
Wounds to the BACK:
Fresh External: gaping holes in the back -- very severe
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen and deeply bruised back with odd protrusions under the skin -- very severe
Wounds to the RIGHT EYE:
Fresh External: a pulpy cavity for a right eye -- useless
Fresh Internal: a severely swollen, bruised and blind right eye -- useless

You also sense...
... a light haralun throwing axe lodged firmly in his right arm.
... a throwing blade lodged shallowly in his right arm.
... a throwing blade lodged shallowly in his left arm.
... a throwing blade lodged shallowly in his right arm.

Vinjince is suffering from a life threatening loss of vitality (91%).

>health
Melx retreats from combat.
>
Your body feels at death's door!
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a bruised head compounded by cuts and bruises about the head, a severely swollen and deeply bruised neck compounded by deep cuts across the neck, a severely swollen and shattered right arm which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by a broken left arm with gaping holes, a severely swollen and shattered right leg which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a right leg, a severely swollen and shattered left leg which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a left leg, a severely swollen and shattered right hand which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a right hand, severely swollen and bruised chest area compounded by deep slashes across the chest area, severely swollen and bruised abdomen compounded by deep slashes across the abdomen, a severely swollen and deeply bruised back with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the back, a severely swollen, bruised and blind right eye compounded by a pulpy cavity for a right eye.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right arm death awaits
left arm moderate
right leg (tended)
left leg severe
chest moderate
inside neck slight
inside r. arm severe
inside l. arm light
inside r. leg severe
inside l. leg severe
inside r. hand very bad
inside chest moderate
inside abdomen moderate
inside back very bad
inside r. eye moderate

You have a light haralun throwing axe lodged firmly into your right arm, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your right arm, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your left arm, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your right arm.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:30 PM CST
Isn't that how its supposed to work?

>>Un-killable by normal means. Cannot be used in many other abilities.

unless you have another definition of un-killable? I have no idea what "by normal means" means. When they first announced that ability, they said, your unkillable for a short period of time, what did you expect?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:31 PM CST
I dont think 5 minutes for invulnerability is a short period of time.
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:35 PM CST
>>When they first announced that ability, they said, your unkillable for a short period of time, what did you expect?

It's supposed to sap Inner Fire each time it keeps you from dying (which will cause the berserk to end prematurely). It doesn't appear to be doing that at all. I can easily berserk Volcano and be immune from dying for far too long.

Not meant to be the way it is. If I post the log, that would get the point across easily, but I'm not sure everyone wants to see that wall of text. :D

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:40 PM CST
yeah what the hell, 5 mins of invulnerability? i want that

If advice was any good, they wouldn't give it out for free.
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:47 PM CST
Heh, it is likely a side effect of my changes to berserk IF usage. I'll get around to fixing it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:54 PM CST
>>It's supposed to sap Inner Fire each time it keeps you from dying (which will cause the berserk to end prematurely).

that makes sense about the time limit - your post sounded like you were saying you should be killable. Anyways, I get what you were testing now. Setting yourself up that all hits are basically killing blows and testing to see if it affected length.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/17/2013 11:58 PM CST
To add to this - I think it would be appropriate that if you are NOT being attacked, that it lasts a decent amount of time.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/18/2013 05:38 AM CST
Considering the damage he absorbed and at what state he started the berserk, yeah, it needs some help. Was rather amusing to witness however. Even stanced to basicly nothing most attacks did zip for damage.

Samsaren
Re: Berserk Volcano 01/18/2013 02:53 PM CST
<jealous>