Eagle Form 01/16/2013 08:25 AM CST
Would it be possible to add a full-aim time bonus to eagle that reduced the time it takes to reach full aim? That would be a nice perk for our ranged ability.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 08:55 AM CST
I prefer callin it Barb Mojo

rub other gweth
[Assuming you mean the Barbarian Guildleader Les.]
You rub your jadeite gwethdesuan.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 08:58 AM CST
Indigestion.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 10:19 AM CST
quit posting in the wrong thread.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 03:56 PM CST
As an alternative to the OF bonus? I'd have to increase the slot cost to accomodate any additional functionality. Not sure which folks would prefer.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 04:00 PM CST
I think given the fact that at some point all guilds will pick up all their abilities and spell feats (if applicable) everyone will opt for more effects at higher feat cost. I dont know anything about eagle, but in general I cant imagine someone ever saying no to a buff doing MORE for an extra slot cost.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 04:11 PM CST
>>I cant imagine someone ever saying no to a buff doing MORE for an extra slot cost.

Yeah... if I could spend 10 spell slots to get a one-shot kill spell, I'd take it in a heartbeat :P

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 04:13 PM CST
I would vote for the added ability at extra slot cost. Or leave eagle as is and add "quick aim" as a feat. Doesn't really matter how quick aim happens really, I would just love to have it.

Railz
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 04:22 PM CST
Makes it more of a problem for thrown users since we don't get aim time. Unless we get our own thrown boosting ability we have to pay an extra slot cost for nothing.

Reduced aim time should come from a feat or something IMO.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 05:51 PM CST
Is there an equivalent barbarian concept to meta spells? It would make a fine single slot meta spell addition imo.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 06:12 PM CST
Sounds like a decent perk or perhaps another form entirely. Eagle's good as it is though I think, two-slot intro spell that mirrors Dragon.

Speaking of thrown, did you figure out how to get it to work with throw weapons Kodius? That is the the one flaw.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 06:22 PM CST
>>Reduced aim time should come from a feat or something IMO.

This. I think we generally look for our guilds to give us special things, but going forward a weapon, survival, lore(kind of exists) and armor feat system is how lots of these little extra niceness things should be addressed.

Guild abilities I feel should remain more awesome and less about convenience.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 07:18 PM CST
The problem with a feat is then everyone gets it and forgets about it. It becomes part of the Uber build. As an ability there are choices. Do I throw up Eagle, or do I put up Piranha?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 07:24 PM CST
I suppose I feel if there are enough compelling feats, with enough variable 'feat slot' costs, then you wont have that issue. I dont think anyone should 'max out' their options (weather thats spell slots, armor feats, etc).

The issue is when you can get everything, then there are no real choices, just a matter or priotizing what you are getting first. I think with just archery(bow/xbow) you can easily think up 15 or so feats, with some costing more than one slot. Add in various melee (blunt, edge, polearm based feats, general feats) and parry feats, I think you can make the ideas of Feats just as head scratching.

Although I dont disagree with your point, I just think forms are more "which super sexy choices do I want to use..." and feats are "ok..what day to day conveniences do I want".
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 07:30 PM CST
There are enough feats in crafting disciplines where you cannot learn everything, so you have to make choices on where to specialize. I would love to see the same thing happen for weapon feats :)

~ Leilond
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 08:42 PM CST
<<The issue is when you can get everything, then there are no real choices, just a matter or priotizing what you are getting first.>>

This might be true for Paladins, but a 150th Barbarian does not have enough "sessions" to get every ability.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:05 PM CST
>> This might be true for Paladins, but a 150th Barbarian does not have enough "sessions" to get every ability.

Why are you stopping counting at 150?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:09 PM CST
<<Why are you stopping counting at 150?>>

Because last I heard circling beyond 150th garners no TDPS, nor ability sessions.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:11 PM CST
I think everyone gets another slot every 10 circles post 150th.

~ Leilond
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:11 PM CST
>>Because last I heard circling beyond 150th garners no TDPS, nor ability sessions.

Pre 3.0.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:17 PM CST
<<I think everyone gets another slot every 10 circles post 150th.>>

Cool, that means an extra 5 slots, which is still short of a 200th circle Barbarian being able to choose all abilities.
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 09:52 PM CST
Then your system rocks. I hope we can get enough choices to complain about not being able to get every option one day:)
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 10:29 PM CST
A reduced aim time on ranged weapons sounds like an awesome ability for barbarians, but I think I'd prefer to see it as an individual feat rather than an add-on to eagle. If it costs an ability slot to learn on its own, what would be the difference?
Re: Eagle Form 01/16/2013 10:32 PM CST
Thrown could be factored in, in anoter way. Its not a good reason to not add it. Aiming longer is just an accuracy bonus? If so add an accuracy bonus that is an average of the aim accuracy bonus.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 12:22 AM CST
<<Then your system rocks. I hope we can get enough choices to complain about not being able to get every option one day:)>>

Nobody was complaining about the breadth of options available to Barbarians; I was more pointing out the fact that your assumptions about how the guild structure works come from an inexperienced perspective. How about letting the people who actually play Barbarians offer the requests for structure.
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 12:32 AM CST
>>Cool, that means an extra 5 slots, which is still short of a 200th circle Barbarian being able to choose all abilities.

At circle 200, you're only short a handful of abilities, and that is assuming there will be a slot cost associated with warhorns, roar helms, dual load, and whirlwind.
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 12:33 AM CST
>>There are enough feats in crafting disciplines where you cannot learn everything, so you have to make choices on where to specialize. I would love to see the same thing happen for weapon feats :)

Eh, crafting is easier because it was designed with feats in mind. Combat wasn't, and so most feats would be hacked on.

Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 01:30 AM CST
Ok, Eagle Form should now be a flat % increase to OF, and work on thrown quite well.

Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 01:37 AM CST
Awesome, thanks K. As a side question, are all the recent changes live in plat as well? I've been meaning to do more testing on bows, but wasn't sure if you had ported the aim changes over.
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 07:08 PM CST
Not yet, no. Too afraid I'll break Plat and never hear the end of it :P

We'll probably sync Plat verb close behind the 3.0 update on Saturday.

Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 09:30 PM CST
Thanks for the Eagle update. From my testing it was noticable. :)

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 09:56 PM CST
>>Ok, Eagle Form should now be a flat % increase to OF, and work on thrown quite well.

Awesome!

Has Dragon changed as well, or is that still only to-hit?
Re: Eagle Form 01/17/2013 11:26 PM CST
>>How about letting the people who actually play Barbarians offer the requests for structure.

Like most of the population, I have a baby (48th) barbarian. I just have not done the math to realize what I said was inacurate for the barbarian guild (although its very much the case for other guilds). The point remains that if anyone got the option to add effects to their powers for extra slots, they would likely opt to do that.