Pre-Reqs 01/14/2013 07:52 AM CST
Does anyone have a list of all the pre-reqs for each of our abilities and or roars. The 3.0 barbarian link on elanthipedia mentions for example 6 pre-reqs for Volcano, but not what they are. Just curious if anyone actually knows what the pre-reqs are, perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks
Re: Pre-Reqs 01/14/2013 08:54 AM CST
6 prereqs means 6 other abilities in the same "path". Of the 3 paths listed <horde, flame and predator>.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Pre-Reqs 01/14/2013 10:39 AM CST
Okay I got it now, was confused if there certain other abilities that you had to have like spell pre-reqs.
Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 03:12 PM CST
Will our spirit abilities (meditates, roars, berserkes and dances) be given the same preview as spells? They can use all spells without chosing any for a month or 2. Will we be able to use all without choosing for a month or 2?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 03:19 PM CST
>>Will our spirit abilities (meditates, roars, berserkes and dances) be given the same preview as spells? They can use all spells without chosing any for a month or 2. Will we be able to use all without choosing for a month or 2?

Probably not. When we asked about this in Plat, Kodius told us he preferred to work on developing the guild rather than writing the preview system which was missing for our abilities (which sounded good to me). The work-around was to make unlearning ridiculously cheap instead.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 03:22 PM CST
Thanks, that is reasonable. I would rather Kodius spend his time finishing our guild vs writing a preview system.

______
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 03:32 PM CST
>>Thanks, that is reasonable. I would rather Kodius spend his time finishing our guild vs writing a preview system.

Welcome. Again for the record, I heartily agree with where he chose to place his focus.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 09:52 PM CST
I really disappointed that all the other guilds are getting to preview and change picks of their spells, but barbs are gonna get the take it and your stuck with it approach. Kind of crappy if you ask me!
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 09:56 PM CST
>I really disappointed that all the other guilds are getting to preview and change picks of their spells, but barbs are gonna get the take it and your stuck with it approach. Kind of crappy if you ask me!

GM Kodius indicated it would be a bit of a pain to code this up, since our system is similar to but not the same as magic.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/14/2013 10:12 PM CST
>>I really disappointed that all the other guilds are getting to preview and change picks of their spells, but barbs are gonna get the take it and your stuck with it approach. Kind of crappy if you ask me!

Is being able to forget them for a few bronze going to be around in Prime? If so, just load up on what you want to test out every other day or so.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 01:14 AM CST
>>I really disappointed that all the other guilds are getting to preview and change picks of their spells, but barbs are gonna get the take it and your stuck with it approach. Kind of crappy if you ask me!

Barbarians can forget abilities for a few coins. This saved me a week of effort and gets you effectively more in the process since you can spend your slots and tweak as necessary.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 07:25 AM CST
I have a really stupid question: what are 'spirit' abilities? I think of spirit mechanics like cleric spells.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 07:30 AM CST
> what are 'spirit' abilities?

An attempt to find a name for the barbarian abilities that are governed by the magic skillset. "Magic" won't do, for obvious reasons. "Supernatural" feels somewhat modern and clinical.
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 07:32 AM CST
Oh. Meh. Both make sense to me, but my vote doesn't matter I guess. Spirits nonsensical though. They're not spiritual.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 04:38 PM CST
Not spiritual, but derived form the barbarians spirit!

______
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 05:09 PM CST
Inner Fire abilities :grunt:

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 05:52 PM CST
Determination? Indominability? Conanostity? Rage?
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 05:56 PM CST
They're maaaaaaaaaaaaaagic

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Spirit Abilities Preview. 01/15/2013 06:59 PM CST

Bad juju.