Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 08:49 AM CST
Can someone direct me to any, if it exists, info on Armor hindrance on Barbs and their abilities? I'm wondering if there may be reason to go to Plate armors?

Ram
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 12:02 PM CST
>>Can someone direct me to any, if it exists, info on Armor hindrance on Barbs and their abilities? I'm wondering if there may be reason to go to Plate armors?

Barbarians are reasonably-well suited for using Plate Armor. Brigandine is probably a bit better choice overall, however.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 01:34 PM CST
>>Barbarians are reasonably-well suited for using Plate Armor. Brigandine is probably a bit better choice overall, however.

This interests me...can you explain your reasoning? Thank ya sir.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 02:09 PM CST
I'm not Kodius obviously, but my guess would be that hindrance no longer effects your abilities, and skill placement (armor secondary).
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 04:01 PM CST
Thanks Kodius!

Time to dig out my plate!

Ram
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 04:52 PM CST
>>I'm not Kodius obviously, but my guess would be that hindrance no longer effects your abilities, and skill placement (armor secondary).

This. Brigandine allows you some small measure of stealth, and won't be quite as crippling hinderance wise as Plate. Better if you want to use a large shield and brigandine, than a small shield and Plate sort of thing...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 05:20 PM CST
I'm an evasion/parry guy. I'll bet this holds true for brigadier/evade as it does for shield/plate?

Ram
Re: Armor hinderance 01/06/2013 05:47 PM CST
Yeah, hindrance affects all defenses pretty evenly - though in a different way.