Bastion- explanation needed clarification 12/11/2012 11:27 AM CST
When I circled, I went to visit Tasfaov. While I was there, I'm trying to plan out what abilities to get. However, something about this bothers me:

When you ask Tasfaov about Bastion, he says the following:
Narrowing his eyes briefly, Tusfaov says, "Twisted magic can often disable even the most ferocious of warriors.
Digging deep into a bastion of inner fire allows you to remain one step ahead of the mages and
avoid agility based contested magic."

Now, reading through Elanthepedia on what Magic will contest in 3.0, it seems that "agility based magic" is obsolete: as follows:

Magical Attack styles:
Mind Attacks - The user is bringing the force of his own mind to bear on the target. Examples: Mental Blast, Halt.
Magic Attacks - The user is creating an effect that acts on its own accord as opposed to directly contesting themselves with the target. Examples: Energy Manacles, Branch Break.
Spirit Attacks - The user is clashing their spirit or soul against the target, trying to bring down its weight against them. Examples: Soul Sickness, Stun Foe.
Charm Attacks - The user is trying to lure or befuddle the target in a subtler attack, or instead awe the target through sheer presence. Examples: Siren's Call, Chorus of Madmen.

and - the stats are :

Class Primary Stat Secondary Stat Tertiary Stat
Mind Intelligence Discipline Wisdom
Magic Wisdom Intelligence Discipline
Spirit Wisdom Charisma Intelligence
Charm Charisma Discipline Intelligence
Fear Charisma Strength Discipline
Power Strength Stamina Discipline

No agility. So, prescisely what magic will Bastion contest?

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Bastion- explanation needed clarification 12/11/2012 11:36 AM CST
I think it means contests where you use agility as a defense, I.E the REFLEX category listed here:

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Magic_3.0