Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Backstab 12/12/2013 09:48 PM CST
>Actually... you do know that setting things on fire has armor-reducing capabilities. It's like pie. A few minutes in the oven and it's all nice and crispy on the edges.

Has ignite changed? If not, it's a 90th circle ability. That's...not really the answer I was looking for. I know what you're getting at and it's pretty much in line with what I was thinking though.
Re: Backstab 12/12/2013 09:52 PM CST
I think with the Force of Impact write coming into play at some point backstab may be an avenue for Small Edge to gain a bit of FoI.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Backstab 12/12/2013 09:59 PM CST
Sure, the new naphtha ambush is probably wonderful.

It still doesn't give me a reason to train backstab.

It still doesn't help me if I had trained backstab.

I don't even have it. I won't for quite a while, in fact.

I love the concept behind the khri and ambush changes recently. I just don't love that my guild-only skill remains worthless, that I'm going to have to train poorly grandfathered skills up so that I don't lose capabilities I have no, and that the only things that seperate me from commoners are laughably niche or not at all applicable to combat (Unless I want to try slipping my opponent large piles of heavy things as an alternative to having analagous pattern spells available to me - like that won't get me warned for mechabuse.)

I'm a level 41 thief, but if I could transfer to any other guild except perhaps trader and empath, I would. Which is a shame, since I love the rogue/thief archtype.
Re: Backstab 12/12/2013 10:16 PM CST
>>Has ignite changed? If not, it's a 90th circle ability.

It hasn't changed, and it's not a 90th circle ability. It is 33% less than that.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Backstab 12/13/2013 03:00 AM CST
>I think getting backstab to be viable without relying heavily on eliminate and praying the 1 strike does not miss would stem the rage and frustration of thieves as a whole, it is our signature move after all.

This is the core of thieves and as such should not be labeled an " I win" should be labeled "Signature Awesomeness"!

Soon this will be the ONLY thing we have left and in its current state it is nothing more then a party trick and a good way to get yourself under "watch".

"Watch" needs to leave! It was a code in bandaid from a time when the masses didnt have "hunt" and "collect' and "mine" to make perception skyrocket to the number 1 survival skill on every player in the realms. R.I.P. "watch" you are not needed here.

next topic...

Crafting rewrite gave us forging for dummies and now the top forgers are traders and empaths. Is this a problem.. NO! the problem is in the pudding the Small edge templates were given a weapon for training tactics (leaf blade sword) they were given a 5 volume mix for the masses with large impact and awesome slice but who got nothing ..... the poker guild. ( I am speaking only for weapon that appraise well suited for backstabbing "medium edged weapons that train small edge skill are and even bigger laugh) make a template of 5 volumes for stabbing and that will solve another small portion of a bigger problem.

next topic...
Armor of god like proportions with no way to get through what shall we do... well we can code them a bandaid welcome to Khri eliminate we will take away armor for 1 entire attack and allow you to possibly fail and then as a bonus allow the target to then "watch" you and beat you into submission.

BACKSTAB should contain the armor negation internally not require a single hit bandaid to be effective.

IT IS OUR SIGNATURE MOVE without it was are nothing! No other guild has a signature move that they don't WANT to use cause they know in their hearts it is worthless.

Please put salve on our backstab so we can remove the bandaids and send her home to the glory she should be to begin with.

Deadly force, is the force which a person uses, causing—or that a person knows, or should know, would create a substantial risk of causing—death or serious bodily harm. Deadly Force is justified only under conditions of extreme necessity as a last resort,
*THREAD CLOSED* formerly (Re: Backstab) 12/13/2013 03:14 AM CST
Ok, this one is done. If folks want to talk about the future of backstab, crafting, armor, watch, or whatever, please take it to the appropriate folders on the regular forums. If anyone would like to talk about khri abilities, ambushes, and other concerns currently in the Test instance, please feel free to start up a new thread.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Backstab 12/14/2013 01:43 PM CST
>>4. Modify backstab so that impact and force factor of the weapon play a smaller role in potency, this would make backstab viable against chain/plate, we well as allow the smaller weapon molds in small edged to have a use again.

or...

5. Get Poisons out quicker.
6. Khri to add force/Penetration against heavier armors?
Re: Backstab 12/14/2013 06:09 PM CST
The problem with a khri to add force/pen is that under the new system, a lot of people won't even be able to use it. In Prime, you can potentially use any khri by level 25. In Test, my level 37 (41 in prime) thief can't even use a tier 3, much less a tier 4 or any of the combos.
Re: Backstab 12/14/2013 11:09 PM CST
"5. Get Poisons out quicker."

YES!! Please do!! But this won't be a fix for thief mechanics, it will be a crafting system open to everyone. AND I WANT POISONS!!

"6. Khri to add force/Penetration against heavier armors?"

Khri aren't intended to make up for the short comings of small edged. This would only end well with small edged being buffed, or stab mechanics being modified.

I have a feeling Ricinus is aware we dislike backstab now, as he almost burned the forums down with us still inside over the last backstab thread.
Re: Meditate Khri, aka Khri Meditate, compromise. 01/11/2014 06:02 PM CST

As a compromise between:

1) What we (the players) want (the same training speed as Barbarians have been enjoying for the last year).

2) What you (the staff) want (exp rewards that equal the amount of commands and RT put in).

Could we please consider doubling the exp gain from KHRI MEDITATE, lowering its requirement so its effective down to 50% concentration and removing its requirement to be kneeling?

I've never been more serious because, one way or another, we need more exp.

If anyone has a better suggestion for helping the current state of thief supernatural exp gains, I am all ears, but this, to me, seems like a fair compromise for KHRI MEDITATE.
Re: Meditate Khri, aka Khri Meditate, compromise. 01/12/2014 03:27 AM CST
<< I've never been more serious because, one way or another, we need more exp.

Pretty much everyone who participated in this testing have asked for an exp boost since the beginning of this discussion. I personally don't have any hard numbers to offer but it just feels way too slow compared to everything else and I'm not even going to start with the numbers posted here, comparing us with Barbarians. So far all of these requests have been ignored, as far as i can tell.

<< seems like a fair compromise for KHRI MEDITATE.

If the numbers posted on Barbarians are true then it's a very fair compromise but i would still vote for equality over other guilds.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page