Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 01/11/2014 11:48 AM CST
Righteous Wrath: Would The Powers That Be please consider even just a half-strength buff to missile weapons like in 2.0. I'm having a very hard time getting HT above dabbling on test on something that appraises "If you threw the mallet at the enemy you are certain that it would train rather well" because I can't touch it with the weapon. Even if I stun it first, I miss at least half the time. This is in assassins, which are reportedly weaker to ranged attacks.

Sentinel's Resolve (Bug): The stance points stick around after the spell fades until you change stance.
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 01/11/2014 12:56 PM CST

would also like to see Righteous Wrath cover a bonus to missile. (at least Heavy Thrown)
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 01/11/2014 01:40 PM CST
Thirded.
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 01/12/2014 12:52 AM CST
Thrown proficiency does seem to be in line with paladin theme and design up to now (e.g. bond armaments, RUE made to work with thrown but not other missile weapons, holy weapons work with throw, SoI, etc.)
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 03/25/2014 09:34 AM CDT
Greetings,

I just wanted to weigh in, as player whose main character is a Paladin, that I am also concerned with e idea of Righteous Wrath not boosting any ranged, especially thrown. I understand it not helping with bows or crossbow, but many - most? - Paladins rely on being able to be somewhat formidable with a thrown weapon. With the way the game is structured, getting to melee, or keeping a foe at melee, can be a real challenge, and CRC may or may not be able to address this, depending upon the stat contests etc...

For those Paladins who have trained thrown as their primary - I have not, I just use it as a tool in battle to make my character more dimensional in combat - it is a wicked blow to their character.

I'm rather certain most players of Paladins feel this way. I'm not sure if there are many players who are arguing against Paladins having some boost to ranged - at least thrown - as we're already at a disadvantage with our lack of stealth, when it comes to PVP, so far as missile goes...

Not the best thought out post, but just wanted to add to the raised hands of those concerned with changes to RW in 3.1.

Thanks,

Alex, player of Tankata.
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 03/25/2014 10:08 AM CDT

Thrown also is a really inaccurate weapon. That being said, without a thrown buff, it will become a really weak weapon overall for paladins.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 03/25/2014 11:25 AM CDT
The strength that makes up for limited offense and debilitation is arguably our shield, armor and defending proficiency, but abilities like eliminate and DFA-type spells nullify two or all three of those advantages. It seems our benefit for the cost of even further limited offense is we’re harder to kill if we’re facing someone or something without eliminate or a DFA-type spell. People can argue about how it’s a shield killer, not a paladin killer, but that argument falls apart IMO at, “Name a guild other than paladin whose armor skills dominate its survival skills by default.” Paladins are at the extreme of that, especially with the loss of an evasion buff.

I like CRC’s taunt, but it’s difficult to use in practice because it’s limited to one use over some significant length of time, and the charge is used up even on failure (like if you accidentally taunt someone when they instantly retreat to missile, it has no perceivable effect and you lose your tauntsauce for a while). I also think it doesn't plays nice with anti-engagement abilities. Don’t get me wrong, I love the CRC buff and will pick it up despite the taunt issue; I just don’t think it’s as useful in PvP as it is in PvE nor that it makes up for loss of a ranged weapon buff in either PvP or PvE.

In any event, don’t think anyone has said we can’t have a ranged buff. I think the issue is/was that RW was buffing too many weapons, so RW was made to buff only brawling and held melee weapon skill; but then we never got a ranged skill buff to compensate. I’m guessing (read: hoping) this is something slated for post 3.1 release.
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 03/25/2014 05:31 PM CDT

I 100% agree with RW buffing to many weapons for its slot cost. And would not mind at all buying a completely different spell that say buffed ranged/thrown. It's an extra buff to keep up. I made a ranged based paladin cause we had the ranged buff when i started. Now I also train a lot of melee weapons so i am not really losing out. That aside you could even make the buff so you could not have Both it and the melee buff up.

Going with the More 'OR' and less 'AND' idea.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Righteous Wrath and Sentinel's Resolve 03/25/2014 06:23 PM CDT
>>I 100% agree with RW buffing to many weapons for its slot cost.

Eh, slot cost is still pretty fluid at times. Yes, slot costs depends on how many things it buffs at once. But RW doesn't buff multiple weapons at once; it buffs the weapon you're holding, and as far as I recall it's not an attempt to break slot rules.

My understanding is that weapon buffs function as they do because GMs are leaning heavily toward buffing skills vs other modifiers just for their own sanity. I'm sure that if it wouldn't be messy to keep track of overbuffing and other similar issues, RW would actually just be a boost to the offensive score. The only issue that comes into play is that it's too complicated to keep track of an overbuffed total, where someone could toss RW up, get a weapon-specific prediction, pop something that improves accuracy, etc. It's just easier on the coding side to go "okay, fine, the weapon you're literally holding right now, buff that."

I'm sure other skills would work in a similar manner if they had so many different numbers factoring into the final success formula, let alone numbers that could easily run out of control if overly (or heck, underly) buffed.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.