Truffenyi's Rally 12/08/2013 06:54 PM CST
TR is interacting funny with some cyclical debilitation spells. The spirit drain for the dispel component of the spell seems to cost more and more as time passes and leads to spirit death quickly.

Just tested with a min mana misdirection against a 10 mana TR. Some -spirit pulses were minus 15-20% spirit per pulse and the pulses were quick. It led to a fairly quick spirit death or near death without any other debilitations being thrown in the mix. With other debilitations in the mix, TR is a quick death sentence.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/08/2013 08:06 PM CST
Actually, it's not just cyclical debilitation. Two vertigo casts took me down to 50% spirit. And something about how spirit works means it drains a lot faster after that 50% mark.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 12:06 AM CST
TR doesn't break unconscious anymore. Is that intentional?

The notes in the paladin section stated it'd be losing stun breaking, which never really worked anyway.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 12:12 AM CST
>>TR doesn't break unconscious anymore. Is that intentional?

Yep, it just does dispels. So if you have a spell effect that causes unconscious, it may actually remove it, but it depends on the spell.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 12:45 AM CST
It's late and I was heading to bed about an hour and a half ago so please forgive me if my slot math stinks right now, but wouldn't that make it 4 slots? cyclical + dispel + balance + group? (I still really only half-understand slot math.)
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 01:09 AM CST
More like:
dispel + balance = 3
affects group * 2 = 6
is cyclic - 1 = 5

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 01:22 AM CST
In 3.0, TR costs only two spell slots. The change feels rather drastic.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 08:49 AM CST
Thanks for clarifying, Ricinius.

Didn't know the dispel extended to group; that sounds pretty nice. Now I have more stuff to test tonight, like whether it affects my group's spirit for the dispel or whether the paladin takes the spirit hit for the group's dispels.

>In 3.0, TR costs only two spell slots. The change feels rather drastic.

I think this happened with most guilds' cyclics. Bards are probably feeling it the most for obvious reasons. Since all 3.0 spells are on preview, we shouldn't feel the change too much. Plus, I think all our spells can still be learned before 150th circle, assuming one wants them all.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 08:59 AM CST
I was under the impression it was group balance, self dispel. We can test though.

Samsaren
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 01:50 PM CST
That's what I thought as well. If it's self-only dispel, though, it sounds like the cost would be 3 slots. 2 (self-dispel) + 2 (balance * 2 for group) - 1 (cyclical) = 3 slots.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 03:13 PM CST
Balance booster 1
Self Dispel 2 (3)

Group x 2 (6)
Cyclic - 1 (5)
5 slots. I personally think the dispel is overpriced, but its pretty easy to arm-chair QB when you're not looking at the big picture.

Samsaren
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 03:29 PM CST
If the self dispel part is not projected to the group why is its spell slot cost of that part doubled?

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 04:23 PM CST
>If the self dispel part is not projected to the group why is its spell slot cost of that part doubled?

Would seem unfair if that's the case. That's why I assumed group dispel. Need to test to confirm.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 11:14 PM CST
It is intended to be a group affecting dispel.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/13/2013 11:42 PM CST
I tested it earlier with Casserah and she didn't see the dispel when she was grouped.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/14/2013 12:08 AM CST
Never mind! Saw it in tests with Aftermath. It just triggers late after the cast; almost didn't trigger until the spell finished running its course.

You feel your spirit surge outward. It encompasses Aftermath and burns away at any harmful influences.Aftermath flexes his left arm with a sigh of relief.
>
You sense your spirit compress back inward but feel a brief chill settle in.
>
Aftermath says, "A sudden warmth embraces you as you feel restored by Warbrolus's presence."
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/20/2013 05:04 PM CST
TR's dispel didn't fire off on MB's unconscious when I tested it. Anyone else have a chance to test it?
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/20/2013 08:58 PM CST
I believe it no longer effects status effects and is instead a dispel.

Samsaren
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/20/2013 09:44 PM CST
Ricinus said it may remove spells that cause unconscious but I didn't see it trigger on mental blast unconscious. Was wondering if anyone experienced a similar result.
Re: Truffenyi's Rally 12/20/2013 09:50 PM CST
It will remove Nissa's, not stuns or naps caused by non-lingering spells.

Samsaren