WORM 02/28/2014 11:23 AM CST
Just to break this away from the other thread.

It would be nice if WORM NEAR's magic barrier didn't get factored in when self casting spells.

I feel that WORM NEAR is still reasonably balanced if it just means you can't [effectively] cast on someone at melee with you just like they can't [effectively] cast on you at melee.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 11:40 AM CST

I generally use worms near for pvp. Cause everyone just advances anyways making worms far useless. But when im stuck with 9 min of not being able to cast anything. And not having the option to release it like any other mage in the game with a spell ward. It makes the spell's Niche So so so small.
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 12:52 PM CST
>And not having the option to release it like any other mage in the game with a spell ward.

What do you mean by this? In 3.0:

You gesture.
Your skin burns as the mutative spell takes hold. Greasy black mist rises from your pores and clings to your flesh.
>rel worm
A dull, aching itch spreads beneath your skin as the Worm's Mist mutation passes.

And as I just posted, in 3.1, you can use RoC to remove WORM.
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 12:57 PM CST
>And as I just posted, in 3.1, you can use RoC to remove WORM.

Cast a capped one NEAR, then try to ROC it off.

Samsaren
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 01:25 PM CST
>>What do you mean by this? In 3.0

In 3.1 you need to use RoC, giving back half of RoC's purpose pre-3.0

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 06:01 PM CST

>In 3.1 you need to use RoC, giving back half of RoC's purpose pre-3.0

But ROC will never remove a capped worms cast near. EVER. I capped both spells again to test. Just to make sure before i posted. And like i mentioned before casting Far is not the answer when i am fighting people at melee.

-Grave Lord Zerreck Arkarm
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 07:06 PM CST

Ah, yes, I am most certainly not capping WORM. My mistake.
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 08:14 PM CST
I'll check with the necro people - it's not really my call to make - but off the cuff, something like how EotB can reverse itself might be in order.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: WORM 02/28/2014 08:37 PM CST

Thanks for looking into it Raesh. That would at least help.