SRE pre req request 02/27/2014 09:56 PM CST
Any chance that SRE prereqs can be reconsidered?

I'm mainly not a fan of the KS or WORM requirement, because it's a pretty major slot cost gateway these days. I'm counting KS as 4 because it requires BUE, and they are both 2 slots.

I'd rather see it require CF, NR, and CFB vs the CF, NR and WORM or KS requirement it has now.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: SRE pre req request 02/27/2014 09:59 PM CST
Thematically speaking I feel CF, NR, and CFB better represents what SRE is doing then the CF, NR and WORM or KS requirement.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 08:46 AM CST
Agreed. By in large actually, I feel the Necro spell book prereqs (and what's Intro/Beginner/Advanced/Esoteric!) are a little wonky.

I feel CF should only require SV, that BUE would be more useful earlier on when Than training is difficult, and that HP shouldn't be a prerequisite for Trans spells.
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 09:07 AM CST
agreed as I wouldn't plan on getting wurm or ks at all with the spell slot change except for their being reqs for SRE.

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 09:15 AM CST

Not getting worms I completely understand. The fact that you cannot release worms anymore makes the spell absolutely worthless. Not sujre why our guild got picked on again, changing all our spells to not being able to be released. But worms hit the hardest.

KS on the other hand is amazing in 3.1. A real nice attunement/perception buff? I wouldnt leave home without it.

-Grave Lord Zerreck Arkarm
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 10:40 AM CST
RoC still releases WORM, at least. Also, is it a battle spell now? The prep time is super fast.
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 10:41 AM CST
Ha! Although this happens:

You gesture.
Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the surrounding mist and writhe in frenzy.
Your spell pattern's structure is damaged as it passes through your miasma.
You weave a field of sublime corruption, concealing the scars in your aura under a layer of magical pretense.

Funny that it's contesting RoC.
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 10:59 AM CST
How did WORM function under 2.1?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: SRE pre req request 02/28/2014 11:10 AM CST
>How did WORM function under 2.1?

Exactly how it is now in test, as it were. You could not remove it via ROC if you cast WORM near, since it would pull apart RoC when cast. However you could still remove it if you cast WORM far.

> Not sure why our guild got picked on again, changing all our spells to not being able to be released. But worms hit the hardest.

Not really being picked on as much as reverting it back to the original design, which I understand will not be a popular move for PvP heavy necromancers. Luckily Raesh agreed to not increase the spell slot cost of Worm to 4, so there is that.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur