RESEARCH Updates 02/19/2014 06:19 PM CST
The following changes have been made to RESEARCH:

1) All projects have had their lengths reduced.
2) Augmentation, Utility, Warding, and Mana Stream Theory no longer have Arcana requirements.
3) Sorcery, High Energy Spellcasting, and Mana Field Theory have had their Arcana requirements reduced by varying amounts.
4) The dangerous research tasks are now actually dangerous. The harder/more elaborate ones are safer than the easier/cruder ones (Sorcery is more dangerous than Mana Field Theory, for example).

Main thing missing at the moment is the spell requirement, which will go live once I have time to sit down and actually write the spell (probably this weekend).

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: RESEARCH Updates 02/19/2014 06:39 PM CST
>>2) Augmentation, Utility, Warding, and Mana Stream Theory no longer have Arcana requirements.

>>3) Sorcery, High Energy Spellcasting, and Mana Field Theory have had their Arcana requirements reduced by varying amounts.

I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed at seeing the Arcana requirements removed/lowered. I felt a bit vindicated training Arcana so much when I found out that Arcana helped unlock the research types.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: RESEARCH Updates 02/19/2014 06:44 PM CST
>>I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed at seeing the Arcana requirements removed/lowered. I felt a bit vindicated training Arcana so much when I found out that Arcana helped unlock the research types.

It's possible to revisit this after some additional input, or to come up with new advanced projects, but in retrospect I felt that the core mechanic of learning the non-combat magic skills through research should be available from the get go.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: RESEARCH Updates 02/19/2014 10:51 PM CST
>Augmentation, Utility, Warding, and Mana Stream Theory no longer have Arcana requirements.

I cannot think of a feasible complaint an MU could bring up now with respect to training difficulties. This has literally removed every issue for training magics, and I can't wait for 3.1 now.
Re: RESEARCH Updates 02/19/2014 10:51 PM CST

Nowerer.