TKS Weakness 02/02/2014 09:37 AM CST
Was TKS intentionally nerfed? It used to function by firing off on attack against each target in the room, but the damage oo that one attack per target was half-decent (it wasn't single spell damage, but it wasn't totally awful either). Right now, TKS is firing off more than one strike per target, but the damage is atrocious. I cast it 15 times and not a single cabalist died. It's a nice spell for learning TM, but something really bad happened to its actual utility as an AOE damaging spell in the past couple weeks. Maybe it's something to do with all the tweaking needed to fix the sliver issues and other TKS-stuff I pointed out?

For any GM not familiar with the MM spells, TKT and TKS are much different spells. TKT is a single opponent multi-strike spell--a spell that should have reduced damage in exchange for the accuracy benefits of multi-strike. TKS is a non-cyclic AOE that, until now, would only hit a single target one time per cast of the spell, but that hit would be for decent damage. It feels to me like TKS received a super beefed up version of the TKT damage nerf. Maybe it received the accuracy bonus too--I can't tell, but the spell is not useful to me if I can't clear a room of 4 at-level critters with 15 casts at 69 mana.

For ammo, I was using a basilisk arrow and a pulzone.
Re: TKS Weakness 02/02/2014 09:41 AM CST
Fully targeted casts. 14 seconds targeting for each.
Re: TKS Weakness 02/02/2014 10:53 AM CST
The way the two spells are intertwined is... interesting. Socharis has been doing all the work on them lately so I'm not 100% sure what their current status is, but we've been discussing what, exactly, we want to do with the spells to keep their feel and flavor but try and get rid of some of the more irritating mechanics.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TKS Weakness 02/02/2014 11:20 AM CST
Cool, thanks Raesh. For my part, if it is something even being debated, I would not exchange damage for accuracy in our only AOE TM spell. The accuracy over damage niche is nice for a single target spell like TKT, for those occasions when there's a single very challenging opponent, but I think the niche for AOE TM is the opposite--kill the horde.