Messaging mostly 01/28/2014 10:13 PM CST
Not sure about some of these things, but mostly they seem minor:

The biggest is that I'm not able to fine target body parts without prepping the spell first. I'm unable to just "target gargoyle neck" - it defaults to just targeting the whole creature.

> tar pd
>Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
>That won't affect your current attunement very much.
>Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Partial Displacement spell.
>You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a granite gargoyle.

> tar neck
>Your target pattern is already around a granite gargoyle.

Along the same lines, just a messaging bug - haven't played around too much yet but this is the first one I've seen:

>You gesture at a granite gargoyle.
>A noose of darkest shadows forms in your hands. With a flick of your wrist, you send it flying at a granite gargoyle!
>The noose constricts silently around its neck, neatly severing its Dinazen Olkar and jugular.

>Roundtime: 1 sec.

I tried fine targeting and gryphons, and the system refuses to acknowledge it at all - it won't let me do anything more than just target them as a whole, doesn't matter the spell. Fledgling and Young gryphons were the ones I tested on. This is true for 3.0 as well though. The system doesn't return anything when I try.

> prep pd
>Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum >required.
>That won't affect your current attunement very much.
>Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Partial Displacement spell.
> tar head

>
>* Apparently without direction or thought, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, >stepping aside with ease.
>[You're solidly balanced and in strong position.]
>
>* Ineptly, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, stepping out of harm's way.
>[You're solidly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
>
>* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You beat off most of the beak with a >dark lacquered parry stick.
>[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
> tar left leg
>Your crystal armband glows briefly with a thin nimbus of scintillating ice-blue moonlight orbited by three translucent spheres >that seem to drift about without purpose or reason.
>
>* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a fledgling forest gryphon slices wide at you. You dodge, with a practiced hand.
>[You're solidly balanced and in good position.]
>
>* As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, >with a practiced hand.
>[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> tar right leg

etc.

I know these are all relatively minor in the scheme of things but thought I'd put them out there for reference. I'll keep messing around a bit.

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Messaging mostly 01/29/2014 11:18 PM CST
Yeah, TARGET alone doesn't let you automatically target body parts. It's something we should fix but probably not something for 3.1 yet.

Worth noting is that you did TARGET PD and then TARGET NECK for the first one. TARGET automatically prepped it for you and chose a target, so it wouldn't let you re-target it.

Have you tried TARGET GRYPHON LEFT ARM after prepping? That should work.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Messaging mostly 01/30/2014 10:24 AM CST
>Have you tried TARGET GRYPHON LEFT ARM after prepping? That should work.

Yep, it works for most (if not all) other critters I've tried but gryphons don't allow me to specifically target - in 3.0 now or 3.1 in test. The system just doesn't return anything or acknowledge the command:

> tar pd

* Tentatively, a young forest gryphon rears, buffeting its wings at you. You evade, barely twisting out of harm's reach.
[You're adeptly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Partial Displacement spell.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a young forest gryphon.

> tar gryphon left leg

>
* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a young forest gryphon rears, buffeting its wings at you. You evade, barely managing to get out of the way.
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a young forest gryphon has completed.
>
* As if fumbling muscle flab were natural, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You block with a small shield webbed with silver lines resembling battle scars.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a young forest gryphon snaps its sharp beak at you. You partially block with a small shield webbed with silver lines resembling battle scars.
[You're nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> target gryphon neck

> target gryphon head

>
* Tentatively, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, twisting to one side.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
* With inexpert timing, a young forest gryphon rears, buffeting its wings at you. You barely block with a small shield webbed with silver lines resembling battle scars.
[You're nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> target gryphon right leg

>
* Looking as if this were a bad idea, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, managing to get out of the way with a minimum of effort.
[You're nimbly balanced and in superior position.]
>

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Messaging mostly 01/30/2014 10:36 AM CST
>>Have you tried TARGET GRYPHON LEFT ARM after prepping? That should work.

>Yep, it works for most (if not all) other critters I've tried but gryphons don't allow me to specifically target - in 3.0 now or 3.1 in test. The system just doesn't return anything or acknowledge the command:

Try
prep pd
target gryphon left arm

Instead of
target pd
prep gryphon left arm

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Messaging mostly 01/30/2014 11:16 AM CST
>Try
>prep pd
>target gryphon left arm

>Instead of
>target pd
>prep gryphon left arm

I tried all combinations before, I didn't have the syntax reversed. But here it is for you:

> prep pd
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Partial Displacement spell.
>
* As if fumbling muscle flab were natural, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge, twisting to one side.
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> target gryphon left arm

>
* As if fumbling muscle flab were natural, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You evade, twisting to one side.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
> target gryphon right arm

> target gryphon neck

>
* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You slap away some of the claws with a dark lacquered parry stick.
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
> rel
You aren't harnessing any mana.
You let your concentration lapse and feel the spell's energies dissipate.

You have no cyclic spell active to release.
> prep do
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Dinazen Olkar spell.
>
* With pathetic timing, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You slap away some of the claws with a dark lacquered parry stick.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
> target gryphon left arm

> target gryphon head

* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You beat off most of the claws with a dark lacquered parry stick.
> target gryphon right leg
A young forest gryphon stalks in, its cat-slitted eyes scanning the area warily.

>
* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You partially block with a small shield webbed with silver lines resembling battle scars.
> rel

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Messaging mostly 01/30/2014 03:41 PM CST
Interesting, I'll take a look.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.