Scrolls question 01/25/2014 05:05 PM CST
On 3/21/2013, GM-Raesh posted the following:
<<So far as I know* there is no reason a scroll you have now would stop working after the global preview assuming nothing changes to that specific spell to stop it from being known from a scroll (signature change, major spellbook shuffling like was done to rangers and so forth).>>
<<-Raesh *I don't actually have any information on this, but I've poked through most of that code fairly thoroughly by now.>>

However, when my character was copied over to test, I found that not only the "normal" spells that were on preview had been wiped from my character, the spells he had learned from scrolls had been wiped as well <bard>.

This was when we were testing guildleader teaching spells mechanics, etc.

So..... does the post made last year still hold true, or should we expect our knowledge of those spells we've memorized from scrolls to poof?

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: Scrolls question 01/25/2014 05:13 PM CST
Was this your Bard that was copied over from plat? Copying from plat is a little different from the copy from prime, so it doesn't surprise me that your scroll spells didn't copy if that is the case.

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Scrolls question 01/25/2014 05:19 PM CST
Notably, my bard from prime kept his scroll spell in test.
Re: Scrolls question 01/25/2014 05:23 PM CST
>>Copying from plat is a little different from the copy from prime, so it doesn't surprise me that your scroll spells didn't copy if that is the case.

To be more specific, IIRC Test is a clone of Prime. When a Plat character gets imported, a GM essentially literally copies and pastes skills/stats. That's why equipment/looks descriptions/certain flags like being Forsaken/etc don't get taken along for the ride.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Scrolls question 01/25/2014 08:11 PM CST
>>To be more specific, IIRC Test is a clone of Prime. When a Plat character gets imported, a GM essentially literally copies and pastes skills/stats. That's why equipment/looks descriptions/certain flags like being Forsaken/etc don't get taken along for the ride.

This.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose