Speaking of broken... 01/12/2014 11:46 AM CST
The TM magic damage from Adnaf Mages/Dancers was/is broken since 3.0 came out.

Dont suppose this can get fixed? To give you an idea just how much dmg an Adnaf Mage can do with one spell...

A noose of darkest shadows forms in an Adan'f shadow mage's hands. With a flick of its wrist, it sends it flying at you!
The targeting pattern of the shadow mage's spell is twisted and inverted against itself!
The noose drops over its head and closes around the upper neck. For a long moment nothing happens, but then the head slowly pitches forward, revealing an ever widening gap between the head and neck. The head drops onto the ground with a dull thump.
The shadow mage sinks to the ground in a rustle of cloth and covers its face with the hood of its cloak. Slowly the movements of the cloaked creature stop.
The shadow mage's chain hauberk falls apart!
The mage's skull-tipped staff disappears, the shadows melting away.

It one shot itself by cutting its head of. The thing was not even engaged to anything in meele so it was not damaged. The damage is pretty bad these things need fixing please.
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/12/2014 12:16 PM CST
That's pretty funny. I'm going to go visit them just to see if I can one shot them like they can one shot themselves.
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/12/2014 03:47 PM CST
Interesting. Probably not a core issue, which is the bar I'm setting for bringing new things into 3.1. Definitely something we should address though.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/27/2014 07:23 PM CST
Critter TM is massively lethal. It's not just adan'f. In looking for a good hunting ground for after leucros, I took a look at cave trolls and the Gate of Souls area. Flat out, without my WM defenses up, I cannot hunt there. Even creatures that I can't learn defenses from anymore from mundane attacks can really ruin me. It's highly worth looking at when there's a chance.
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/27/2014 08:26 PM CST
I am curious, what spells are they using? How do you do versus ranged critters? The to-hit and damage of TM spells should be less than that of bow wielding critters (since they don't prep anywhere near max prep).

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/27/2014 11:18 PM CST
what's a good critter to test ranged @ 200-250ish ranks of defenses? I'll happily help out here.

I too would love to hunt gate of souls post Geni (300ish ranks) but the spells are deadly even the little guys (my worst is 225shield) hit me with their spells.

And critter spells hurt. big vit and guaranteed damage.
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/27/2014 11:21 PM CST
This feels true in the live instance as well - anything that uses TM, the TM hits WAY harder than ranged using stuff of similar levels. Ex: Dragon Priest Sentinels don't hurt at all with their bows, but Adan'f Shadow Mages hit like freight trains despite being below me in skill (IE, they whiff everything else but still eat large chunks of Vitality when they hit). And don't get me started on spirit dancers. I've heard tell that it's similar with Malchata using Fireball, Fire Maidens using Fire Shard, Seordmaors using Lightning Bolt, but as my skill is either above or below those other things I haven't tried them myself. That said, I'm supposed to be above the Shadow Mages, too...so who knows. Maybe a suicide expedition will be in order.

- Starlear -
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/27/2014 11:25 PM CST

oh man adan'f eat my lunch now since I came back, I can't hunt them anymore at all (used to dance with 2-3 on me in 2.0)
Re: Speaking of broken... 01/28/2014 07:26 AM CST
Ah, come to think of it, kra'hei under Ratha also hit stupidly hard!