Warrior and hunting 05/07/2014 02:51 AM CDT
It is said about our warriors that:

"Potency also now has a larger effect on the warrior's level, so you should have more incentive to cast as close to the cap as you can. There is a bigger detriment to casting low, and a bigger bonus for casting high"

I prepped one for 35, normally I do 18. The warrior lasted about a minute before all my mana was drained. I waited for mana to come back and and prepped again at 18

> cast

Your heart skips a beat as your spell sends a subtle jingling call outward from you in all directions.

You sense your hold on your Guardian Spirit weaken, then evaporate entirely.

No warrior.

I prepped again,

> cast
The mental strain of initiating a cyclic spell so recently prevents you from formulating the spell pattern
>

So I'm not sure if that is on purpose or not.
And my main concern is how are we to hunt with our warrior if they are no good casting low, and disappear quickly if we cast high. It seems that while it is nice to have have them on cyclic, it is defeating their purpose to help kill things. PvP is now taking a few minutes or more so the warriors would not be effective there either.

When I go hunting, it takes a good half an hour to get things moving, I would like my warrior to last quite a bit longer.
Re: Warrior and hunting 05/07/2014 04:53 AM CDT
I nudged the low end up a tic, so casting lower shouldn't hurt quite as much. However, it's still better to cast higher than lower as far as warrior power is concerned. Keep in mind, below around half of max potency you're penalized (a bit). There's no need to cast higher than that if you just want to get the full use of your TM ranks. Above about half of max potency, you actually get a bonus to the GS's skills/level. So that's there if you're interested in it, but if not you can always ameliorate that some simply by training your TM. The Empath's TM is by far the largest factor.

>>The mental strain of initiating a cyclic spell so recently prevents you from formulating the spell pattern

There's now a timer between stopping a cyclic and beginning a new one. Waiting a bit should allow you to cast once again.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Warrior and hunting 05/07/2014 04:55 AM CDT
>>The mental strain of initiating a cyclic spell so recently prevents you from formulating the spell pattern

> There's now a timer between stopping a cyclic and beginning a new one. Waiting a bit should allow you to cast once again.

It's not between stopping and starting, it's between starting the last one and starting the next. It's 60 seconds, which means it should only come up if you started a cyclic and then very quickly stopped it.
Re: Warrior and hunting 05/07/2014 04:59 AM CDT
>>It's not between stopping and starting, it's between starting the last one and starting the next.

Whoops, my mistake! This was a fairly late addition so I'm figuring it out like everyone else. :D There's also some evidence that it might be acting oddly sometimes*, but I'm sure we'll continue to kick the bugs out of everything over the next couple of days.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.

* That or I don't understand it, which is as we have seen is totally possible, if not probable.