Hodierna Overheals 01/20/2014 06:33 PM CST
Well, turns out overhealing from a Hand of Hodierna link is pretty broken.

When I got a useless internal neck scar, I dropped into a Dying state instead of becoming dead. My vitality was at 100% (there were only scars in play, no wounds). I woke up shortly thereafter (I think trying to talk actually woke me up), and found that I had a useless internal neck scar and -400% vitality. But I was quite alive! Here's what it looked like from my end:

A tide of pain rises within you as you gradually draw the hurts from Testlkjalkja's body.
You sense that Testlkjalkja's external left eye, head, chest, left hand, back, left arm and neck scars are better.
You sense that Testlkjalkja's internal neck, right eye and right hand scars are better.

You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!

You feel a swirling sensation as the world takes on a slightly different appearance. It is as if a great struggle has ended and you now rest in peaceful repose contemplating your release from the fight.

>look
You are not sure, but it looks like the blackness you get when you are unconscious.
>
In your unconscious state, you can no longer maintain your Hand of Hodierna connection with Testlkjalkja.
>'Oh, cool.
You regain consciousness.
You say, "Oh, cool."
>
You're in no shape to perceive anyone else's health right now!

>health
Your body feels like you should be dead. [This one amused me]
Your spirit feels full of life.
You are tired.
You have cuts and bruises about the head, a confused look with sporadic twitching of the forehead, a completely paralyzed neck, a completely paralyzed right arm, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left arm, a completely paralyzed right leg, an ugly flesh stump for a left leg, some tiny scratches to the right hand, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed right hand, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left hand, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed chest area, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed abdomen, a severely scarred, mangled and malformed back, a completely clouded right eye, an empty left eye socket overgrown with bits of odd shaped flesh, severe skin loss exposing bone and internal organs.

And here were my injuries as shown by PERC HEALTH SELF:

Your injuries include...
Wounds to the HEAD:
Fresh External: cuts and bruises about the head -- minor
Scars External: a mangled and malformed head -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a confused look with sporadic twitching of the forehead -- very devastating
Wounds to the NECK:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed neck -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a completely paralyzed neck -- useless
Wounds to the RIGHT ARM:
Scars External: an ugly flesh stump for a right arm -- useless
Scars Internal: a completely paralyzed right arm -- useless
Wounds to the LEFT ARM:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left arm -- devastating
Scars Internal: a partially paralyzed left arm -- very severe
Wounds to the RIGHT LEG:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed right leg -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a completely paralyzed right leg -- useless
Wounds to the LEFT LEG:
Scars External: an ugly flesh stump for a left leg -- useless
Scars Internal: a severely paralyzed left leg -- very devastating
Wounds to the RIGHT HAND:
Fresh External: light scratches -- negligible
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed right hand -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a severely paralyzed right hand -- devastating
Wounds to the LEFT HAND:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed left hand -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a partially paralyzed left hand -- very severe
Wounds to the CHEST:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed chest area -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a severely painful chest area with significant problems breathing -- devastating
Wounds to the ABDOMEN:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed abdomen -- devastating
Scars Internal: a definite greenish pallor and emaciated look -- very severe
Wounds to the BACK:
Scars External: a severely scarred, mangled and malformed back -- very devastating
Scars Internal: a severely painful back with significant problems moving -- devastating
Wounds to the RIGHT EYE:
Scars External: a painfully mangled and malformed right eye in a shattered eye socket -- devastating
Scars Internal: a completely clouded right eye -- very devastating
Wounds to the LEFT EYE:
Scars External: an empty left eye socket overgrown with bits of odd shaped flesh -- useless
Scars Internal: a completely clouded left eye -- very devastating
Wounds to the SKIN:
Scars External: severe skin loss exposing bone and internal organs -- useless
Scars Internal: general numbness all over -- devastating

You are suffering from what should be a deadly loss of vitality (-400%).
You are somewhat fatigued.

Addendum: I had PoP and BS in effect when that happened. It still happened when I tried it again without them.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Hodierna Overheals 01/20/2014 07:07 PM CST
>>zombie empaths

I think I fixed this one. Let me know if it persists. Could not reproduce it in Dev after the latest fix.

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer
Re: Hodierna Overheals 01/26/2014 07:52 AM CST
<<Let me know if it persists.>>

I think something's still acting a bit funny. It's hard to tell exactly what was going on since I was testing out the ability in an actual chaotic combat situation this time (thumbs up, by the way...it performed admirably), but at one point I had some nasty internal chest scars and then an HH pulse took some more internal chest scars. I'd say it's likely that it should have killed me (I was also running Regenerate through, so it's hard to be sure), but instead I fell into a dying state again. This time I was able to speak while "unconscious" though, so I don't know if I just woke up immediately or what. In any case, when I got myself situated again I didn't have the massive "you should be dead" vitality loss this time. I don't think I had a useless internal chest scar at that point either, but it's possible that Regen had knocked it down already since that persisted through the ordeal.

Sorry there's not more actual information in there for tracking down the issue, it sort of caught my by surprise this time. Maybe it's a weird remnant of that overheal protection you had mentioned a while back or something?

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor