Empath Testing Priorities? 01/14/2014 07:43 PM CST
I'm finally ready to spend some time testing. I was wondering which Empath spells/systems still need more testing so I can allocate my test time accordingly.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Empath Testing Priorities? 01/15/2014 05:02 AM CST
Pretty much -- things that happen in day-to-day healing scenarios but which other testers may not have considered. That's to say, things that are not on the "happy paths."

For instance:

If you start healing someone and the wound is fully healed (by another Empath, or via the healme command) before your transfer ticks.

If your patient leaves while you are healing them (walks off). What if they log out?

If you start to heal someone and then log off, then log back on and they're still in the same room. If they're not in the same room?

What happens if the Empath overheals? Does the messaging fire in the correct order? Do you die (as you should) from overhealing (i.e. getting a useless wound/scar on a vital area).

What happens if you die while healing, but not to overhealing? For instance, someone punches you in half in the time between when you input TAKE PERSON ALL and the transfer actually happens.

I'm not asking for folks to actually go and test all this specific stuff (some if it is hard for players to test directly), it's just examples of the kind of things that might still need to be tested. If you want to take your testing game to the next level, that's the kind of thing (both in healing, and in other systems) that could really use pounding on!

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer
Re: Empath Testing Priorities? 01/15/2014 05:06 AM CST
One big one is EXP -- I'm looking to have things in the same ballpark. It doesn't have to be exactly, but it shouldn't be egregiously different than now.

Further, given the same set of wounds the idea is that (exp-wise):

Hand of Hodierna > Unity > Normal Healing

So determining if that holds properly is also very helpful. Again, it's easier for GMs to test a lot of this stuff, so don't go to any great lengths, but if you notice something about EXP that seems weird, or doesn't seem to agree with our stated EXP goals, be sure to let me know!

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer