Empath spells and some testing. 12/09/2013 02:21 AM CST

Testing of empaths spells show me that we will have created a new problem for empaths. You have to cast healing spells near your max (Circle 32 in my case it was HW 35, HS 25, Heal 20) to learn utility magic. You can cast it lower and learn at 1/34 but 100 casts of low power just keeps you at 1/34. That means if empaths want to learn magic from healing they have to cast near max, which means using cambrinth and harness and thus lowering the number of casts they can make. Charging cambrinth and harness takes from your harness still and thus reduces the number of casts you can make. This will make healing even slower if you want to learn magic from it. A fact is that the slower the healing the less folks come to get healed. So you are creating a condition where healing will be slower than it was in the past (worse even for younger healers). Thus empaths will have to choose between learning utility magic from healing themselves with max casts vs speeding up healing so folks will come back for more healing and learning no utility magic. This will be even worse during invasions. Empaths might get empathy during invasions but to keep the healing as quick as possible will have to give up learning utility magic from casting healing spells. Not sure this is going to work out well for empaths.

In addition i see this as really slowing any learning of TM or debilitation for empaths drastically, specially as they get older. Having to cast spells at 100 power even with cambrinth and harness is going to shut down the learning rate and from what I see the more skill you have the less you learn at max cast. Just observation on that.

Casting raise power. Right now no matter what I cast it at 15 power to 30 power it only lasts 2 rois. YOu can power check or perceive and see the duration (or that may now be my attunemement level thats not letting me see it), but you can see the raised power level. So it does not appear to be working correctly.

Tried lethargy and paralysis spells and they appear to work ok but the durations are really short. I thought I remembered them being longer. Was using it on jackals and kobolds near shard.

Was Iron constition supposed to show up on EXP MODS?

Could not test the new abilities. I dont have the skill for any of the new abilities.