Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/17/2014 07:20 AM CST

You weren't the only poster in this thread.
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/17/2014 02:02 PM CST

My own concern on this is probably something that comes a way down the line, but.... I'm currently training all the weapons, so all 14 I can, and I can hunt sky giants with them all.

Something I have noticed, which I'm sure you can imagine, is that my mastery skills are really flying, and I think by the time I get all my 14 weapons to 750 ranks, my mastery skills will be sitting at around 1000 ranks.

I guess my question is, whats my skill with a weapon then? If I have 750 ranks with my primary weapon, but 1000 in mastery, am I better than my 750 ranks? or does it not work that way?
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/17/2014 02:27 PM CST
This is one of the posts I was responding to.

It will/should work as it's always worked; you will have x ranks of a weapon, and if mastery is >x, you will use weapons buffed by mastery. If you are hunting something that trains weapons in the 500 range, with 500 weapons and 1000 mastery, you will have an easier time hitting, and hitting hard, and will thus learn a bit faster than someone who had only 500 mastery.
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/17/2014 03:13 PM CST

Do the mastery skills count in PvP? So if I have 500 in my weapon, and 1000 in mastery, could I comfortably hit someone with 750 defences?

I've never known much about the mastery skills to be honest, same as defending, they just toddle along as I'm training my other skills, and I have no idea what impact they have in the system, or how much difference they make.
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/17/2014 06:26 PM CST
Defending is vs tactics, for the MO penalty and tactic based moves.

Samsaren
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/19/2014 07:52 PM CST
>>I believe rats cap at 25 ranks.

Melee Mastery: 191
Small Blunt: 26

Still learning in rats, I'll keep going to find the cap, but it really doesnt appear the mastery buff affects learning.

Another funny aspect is I stance 0 attack to train to keep them alive longer and I still hit most of the time, so it is either the mastery skill kicking in or rats are just made to be hit all the time which could be possible.

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/19/2014 09:54 PM CST
>>it is either the mastery skill kicking in or rats are just made to be hit all the time which could be possible.

I'm pretty sure rats have 0 skill in everything, meaning you can always hit them. They're meant to be huntable by characters with 0 skill after all.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/20/2014 04:39 PM CST
Still going at 30 ranks. I think the test is basically proven but I'll keep going to cap just to see where it falls.

Codiax.
Vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/20/2014 05:06 PM CST
Yeah, you are pretty much guaranteed to have a capped to-hit against rats :)

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/20/2014 08:23 PM CST
Haha rats in 2.0 was probably 25. In 3.0 I wouldn't be suprised if it was like 50... kinda like I coulda swore black apes were around 700 in 2.0 but in 3.0 I was there till a out 840 evasion. Funny but not right.
Re: Appraisal of Critters and combat 3.1 02/20/2014 10:14 PM CST
Apes are the new rats with new exp.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page