Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 03/27/2014 11:23 AM CDT
Just touching base on this.. it seems blessing your bow/crossbow/sling/etc still doesn't make ammo work against undead/evil. Since you all are in the process of bug fixing things, I hope that this one falls in that fix!

Thanks!
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 03/27/2014 11:30 AM CDT
Seconded. I was a big fan of the fix that let us stop having to get 1 strike on ammo and get a full set of strikes on the "thrower" end instead.
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/02/2014 06:47 PM CDT
I see the code that should be applying the bless effect. Going to try and fix it while working on another bug...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/02/2014 07:35 PM CDT
Err, ok so it looks like you just can't bless the ranged weapon? Is that correct? The actual combat code seems sound...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/02/2014 07:43 PM CDT
Right, somehow it reverted to like before where we could bless ammo (and get a single strike per missile) instead of allowing us to bless the weapon and put a normal amount of strikes on it that automatically transfers to the missile when fired (or however it functions with it.)
Thanks for looking into it.
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/02/2014 08:57 PM CDT
>Err, ok so it looks like you just can't bless the ranged weapon? Is that correct? The actual combat code seems sound...

Last time I checked (uh, a year+ ago...) you could bless the weapon in prime, so I guess see if that code is still going?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/04/2014 08:45 PM CDT
If it helps any, I tried to document a similar issue under the Clerics Forum (in the normal forum, not here in the 3.1 forum):
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Clerics/Bugs%20~%20Clerics/thread/1613624?get_newest=true

For the record this is what I found based on some testing with a friendly cleric in Prime:

Hello,

Just wanted to post this per discussions in game. I've been attempting to train against undead on a light crossbow with bolts.

I asked a friendly Cleric to assist with blessing my weapons (Clerics are so nice :), but it appears there is no way to bless either a crossbow or the quiver. We just tested this against some Pale Grey Death Spirits in the Lost Crossing. Here is what we've found so far:

-You can bless a single bolt, which is good for one shot against undead. Not very effective for training.
-You can bless the person (ie myself, who is not a cleric) and then crossbow works with any bolt. This is limited to the time limit, 39 roi (I believe).

Bless seems to work fine on all my melee weapons for 400 strikes, but there appears no way to keep my crossbow blessed unless I, the person, am blessed.

Not sure if this is intentional, by design, or a bug, but wanted to post it for the record. I can also post this in the combat section if it is more appropriate.

It would be very beneficial if the crossbow could be blessed, like a melee weapon, for X number of strikes to assist against the vile onslaught of undead plaguing the world.

Thanks!

Would be sweet if this were fixed, as it stands now I gotta hunt down a cleric every time I want to used a ranged weapon.
Re: Blessing ranged weapons requiring ammo 04/05/2014 04:24 PM CDT
<<I asked a friendly Cleric to assist with blessing my weapons (Clerics are so nice :), but it appears there is no way to bless either a crossbow or the quiver. We just tested this against some Pale Grey Death Spirits in the Lost Crossing. Here is what we've found so far:

This has been a quirk of the system for as long as I've known and not an easy fix. As such, I don't think it fits well under the 3.1 heading and will respond to your original thread.

Nikpack