osrel meraud 12/13/2013 10:32 PM CST

Is there a post somewhere that shows what changes were made to our orb. such as what spells can and can't go in it now?
Re: osrel meraud 12/13/2013 11:13 PM CST
Unintentionally, MPP and MaPP will no longer go into an orb because of changes to group cast spells. I'm not sure if a work around can be made at the moment, so it may remain that way. Aside from those two I haven't heard of any others, and there was no post about it since I was unaware until a few days ago.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: osrel meraud 12/13/2013 11:24 PM CST
That's somewhat disheartening to hear. I hope you can manage to resolve that since its the purpose of OM.
Re: osrel meraud 12/13/2013 11:27 PM CST
Id rather have OM functionality over group cast functionality. Id rather it be castable on other people as a work around but still maintain OM presence. Id gladly single cast on 5 people if that means keeping it in my orb.
Re: osrel meraud 12/14/2013 09:57 AM CST

<<Id rather have OM functionality over group cast functionality. Id rather it be castable on other people as a work around but still maintain OM presence. Id gladly single cast on 5 people if that means keeping it in my orb.>>

Seconded.

How about PFE? I know you can group cast that as well, is that also the same issue?
Re: osrel meraud 12/14/2013 02:13 PM CST
<<Id rather have OM functionality over group cast functionality. Id rather it be castable on other people as a work around but still maintain OM presence. Id gladly single cast on 5 people if that means keeping it in my orb.>>

Thirded most whole-heartedly.

I keep MAPP in my orb at all times, and I mostly hunt alone. Why should I lose that functionality on the off chance I'm hunting with someone else? When I hunt with my husband, it takes two shakes to cast the spell on him if he wants it. Please find a way to keep the OM compatability. If I choose to offer MAPP to my entire group, let me do that individually if the group cast mechanic is causing the issue.

Same goes for MPP, but I can't say I keep that in my orb at this time, but I would if/when I finally have room.

Shenae
Re: osrel meraud 12/14/2013 08:24 PM CST

Another vote for the orb. Some of my key spells there. I really don't want to have to recast the buffs over and over while hunting.

Especially since I think I've cast these spells on a group maybe half a dozen times over the years?
Re: osrel meraud 12/18/2013 05:36 AM CST
I also vote I'd rather have OM functionality over group casting any day of the week. Especially (dunno if it changed with 3.1) since whoever gets your buff has to stay with ya or it falls off.
Re: osrel meraud 12/18/2013 04:38 PM CST
Has anyone tested it with Soul Shield? It is also a group-castable spell.
Re: osrel meraud 12/18/2013 05:11 PM CST
People have asked about being able to put PFE and Soul Shield into our orbs despite their group-casting component.

PFE will go into my orb.
Soul Shield will not go into my orb.

If PFE will go into the orb despite its group-cast component, then I wonder why MAPP, MPP, and Soul Shield are acting so differently, and I hope this can be looked at again.

I am still hoping this all can be fixed so that we are free to put any and all spells we desire into our orbs. Again, I wonder how many of us cast these spells in group situations compared to our individual casting anyway, and I think the percentage of group casting is disproportionally much lower across the board. Please don't hamper our personal casting needs simply to accomodate the less frequent needs of a group.

Shenae
Re: osrel meraud 12/18/2013 05:16 PM CST
>>If PFE will go into the orb despite its group-cast component, then I wonder why MAPP, MPP, and Soul Shield are acting so differently, and I hope this can be looked at again.

Well, just SoS really. I already fixed MPP, MaPP, and PFE. SoS got overlooked and is fixed as of now.

>>Please don't hamper our personal casting needs simply to accomodate the less frequent needs of a group.

It was never about this. It was about making the spells work without exploding.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: osrel meraud 12/18/2013 06:51 PM CST
Awesome news, Ricinus!! Thanks so much for finding a way for us to be able to put all these spells into the orb without bad things happening.

I knew the changes were not deliberate, and I didn't mean to imply that they were. I'm sorry if that is how it sounded. I was just really wanting a resolution to the situation to be found, and you did it.

You are fantastic!

Shenae
Re: osrel meraud 12/19/2013 02:10 AM CST
Yeah, thanks Rici, much appreciated for the work!