Test server folder 04/19/2016 06:23 PM CDT
Would it be possible to get a folder for discussions about what is currently going on in the test server? I see that there are multiple threads all over the boards and it might be easier to keep them all in one place. Thank you.
Re: Test server folder 04/19/2016 08:37 PM CDT
We've done so in the past and it's possible we should have done so for 3.2 (It wasn't initially planned as quite as large of a project as it turned into). It's something we can do the next time we do a big test push.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Test server folder 04/19/2016 08:44 PM CDT
I saw the folders for 3.0 and 3.1. I was thinking of just a 'Test Server' folder that any new updates could be talked about in. Not just these magic ones but any crafting, combat, quest, or ability testing could be posted about and responded to in. That way a new folder wouldn't have to be created for each new 'test' that is pushed to the test server. Many other games have these folders for their test servers and it is a great area to let the devs have conversations with the players doing testing as well as seeing in one place all the things that do need to be tested.
Re: Test server folder 04/20/2016 11:58 AM CDT
>>>> We've done so in the past and it's possible we should have done so for 3.2 (It wasn't initially planned as quite as large of a project as it turned into).

It always amused me when one of the GM's make comments like this as I am plagued by this in my attempts to mod games. The #1 reason that I rarely actually release the mods is this sort of scope creep and I have even learned to anticipate it by writing the hooks to expand things in the first go so I don't have to do a ground up rewrite. Anyway, it is nice to know I am not the only one that lets my projects get bigger than planned.
Re: Test server folder 05/17/2016 02:51 PM CDT
I'll second, third, and fourth this request.

A separate folder at the base level: All Forums->Dragonrealms->Test Server

You can have separate folders in that one if you want, like one for magic, one for crafting, one for announcements, etc.

This would help quite a bit with testing. Those who really want to test and help out will always know where to look.
Re: Test server folder 05/17/2016 05:21 PM CDT

Next time they are doing testing, they'll remember to tell me and we'll get it set up.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.