1 3 Next Next_page
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 03:46 PM CDT
Maybe you're too close to it, but he's not the one coming off as abrasive Rishlu. For the record, I agree with you and I would love to see all titles listed with their requirements as well. However, you're throwing too much condescention and attitude in with your posts and you're doing more damage to your side of the discussion than good.

-=Issus=-
Re: PAFO titles ::NUDGE:: 08/04/2010 03:53 PM CDT

Let me remind you, you need to find a way to make your complaints constructive or end it.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 03:53 PM CDT
<<Or would that be too resource intensive too? I'm not sure how it's set up.>>

I'd have to check with the people who know that sort of thing.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 03:55 PM CDT
How about this: for people who do have the title, they can type TITLE INFO <TITLENAME> and get a list of the reqs, then they can post or not or whatever. I don't give two rats' tails about the Title system because frankly it's just not important to me but i hate PAFO as much as i hate syntax puzzles. My opinion for what it's worth.

Listing title in progressive fashion is all well and good but when one title requires a completely different skill on top of the others listed prior to it... well it makes it frustrating to try and figure it out.

>>Because when it boils down to it, he can do whatever the heck he wants. They own the game and can run it however they like, regardless of how much people do or don't like it. He could turn your character into a chicken and there would be nothing you could do about it but cluck.<<

actually just as a point, i don't believe Solomon "owns" the company. He is certainly been put in a position of power and obviously has been doing a good enough job that they kept him there for this length of time. Having said that, he is still human and still makes mistakes and his point of view and opinions will be different than others'. Your argument borders on the ridiculous because there are avenues to deal with companies whose customer service is truly that bad. They oviously want to try and maintain a quality product and walk the fine line of catering to as many as possible within the scope and vision of the game.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 03:59 PM CDT
>>Maybe you're too close to it, but he's not the one coming off as abrasive Rishlu. For the record, I agree with you and I would love to see all titles listed with their requirements as well. However, you're throwing too much condescention and attitude in with your posts and you're doing more damage to your side of the discussion than good.

Yeah I know, I can't help myself sometimes. I'll let it drop. My accounts are cancelling soon anyway, it was a last ditch effort to have a reason to stay, even though some might not think that title chasing is a lot to like in a game I quite enjoy it but not grinding away with no way of knowing if I'm 10 ranks away or 1000 ranks, it's just not appealing to me and neither is getting 2000 ranks for the sake of getting 2000 ranks.
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 05:31 PM CDT
Here's ultimately the problem with PAFO and titles. It's not just knowing what you need to get them, it's that you have no idea when you get one without checking and by the time you hit 150th you have so many titles you have no idea which one you just received.
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 06:30 PM CDT
Figured I'd join the party here.

We agree secrets and mysteries can be intriguing. There probably needs to be more in DR. I'm just not convinced all the secrets and mysteries in the title system are accomplishing much.

Decisions are always a matter of weighing gain versus loss. With this title debate there is definitely a sizable loss in terms of player frustation and ill will. It's the gain to offset that loss that I'm not seeing.

I have goals for my character. There's some titles I would love to have, but pursuing them would be a sizable commitment. If I had better ideas of what I was facing with a particular title quest it would help me decide if should include it on my goal list. Without a clearer picture though I'll probably not pursue something that will lead me down a long road where I'm not sure where I'm going or when (if) I'll ever get there. Plus in my view, development on underdiscovered or underpursued titles represents GM time and energy resources that could have been better put somewhere else.

Anyway, there was a reasonable idea made earlier by roofadop:

<<At least give us which skills are needed, you can leave out how much.>>

I would add stats and anything else to the list so that all requirement types are known.

Did we ever get an answer to that suggestion? This would be a helpful start since it seems title PAFO is unavoidable.

Kaxis

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor

For my forged LC/HC, IM me at KaxisDR or visit Ciressa's tables in the Riverhaven Trader Market Building (from temple/town hall go: north, go building, up) on Mon, Wed, Fri, and one weekend day.
Re: PAFO titles 08/04/2010 08:47 PM CDT
>Here's ultimately the problem with PAFO and titles. It's not just knowing what you need to get them, it's that you have no idea when you get one without checking and by the time you hit 150th you have so many titles you have no idea which one you just received.

This cannot be painted on enough billboards.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: PAFO titles 08/05/2010 01:05 AM CDT
I just woke up so hopefully this will make sense.

I haven't at length examined a lot of the PAFO titles, but IF there are some with stat requirements that don't list what stat is needed I strongly urge that to be changed. At the higher end the amount of tdps needed
especially with racial penalties could prove to be overwhelming.

Again, don't know if any of these are out there, but its something that had occurred to me.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: PAFO titles 08/05/2010 08:29 PM CDT
Poster Rishlu,

Sorry to hear of you leaving, I hope something comes up that inspires some renewed joy in playing the game, I am doubtful that even with the information on what you would need for a title and then chasing those numbers would hold your attention for to long of a time.

I hope that isn't seen as rude, I just don't think grinding in that way is very enjoyable. I myself have gotten to a point with grinding that I don't find it to enjoyable, and with the skill change coming about, and combat, I know I'm supposed to train normal but it feels off, and I'm hoping I'm just wanting to find some roleplay to get into, but time is hard to come by.

Wish you well, and...

Solomon, thanks for all the replies and attention you've given this Equine Cemetary topic.

Re: PAFO titles 08/05/2010 10:26 PM CDT
>>I hope that isn't seen as rude, I just don't think grinding in that way is very enjoyable. I myself have gotten to a point with grinding that I don't find it to enjoyable, and with the skill change coming about, and combat, I know I'm supposed to train normal but it feels off, and I'm hoping I'm just wanting to find some roleplay to get into, but time is hard to come by.

IIRC, Rishlu plays TF. Grinding is one of the names of the game.
Re: PAFO titles 08/07/2010 06:08 AM CDT
To figure out what titles I gained, or if I even gained any titles, I do 2 things. One is I create highlights for my entire title list per category. That way when I check my titles, if they're not highlighted anymore I know I gained one or more.

The second I just did today. I wrote a little java program that will take 2 comma delimited strings and spit out the unique words between the two. IE: I input my previous title string for a category (from my highlights) and then my new one from using the title verb and it tells me which ones are new.

If I get a chance I will put it up on a web page for everyone to use. Or maybe I can give the code to the owner of zairius.com or olwydd.org and have them host it since those pages are already so widely used.
1 3 Next Next_page