Death Scars 03/16/2008 08:55 AM CDT
Get rid of death scars. They suck.

The spark of truth can be very powerful in the methane filled bowels of ignorance.
Re: Death Scars 03/16/2008 03:45 PM CDT
>>Get rid of death scars. They suck.

They serve no useful purpose anymore
Re: Death Scars 03/16/2008 08:17 PM CDT
>They serve no useful purpose anymore

Anymore? They did once?

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."

"I am Captain America (and so can you!)"
Re: Death Scars 03/16/2008 08:50 PM CDT
>>Anymore? They did once?

I was told that they were put in place for an RP event when Raise was taken away. I was not playing at the time so I don't have first hand knowledge.
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 08:45 AM CDT
It was, The RP story was a certain gods power was weakened when raise (or was it magic) went away. But when it came back death scars remained. The only purpose death scars serve is to make it so empaths cant heal up a ton of people then just die and depart instead of healing themselves. But from an RP standpoint death scars should not be there because when you die you are put into a new body supposedly.
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 08:55 AM CDT
yeah, it was hodierna. and the OOC reason was the real reason for it, cause empaths were just departing to get rid of their scars.

proof : plat is the RP server and death scars don't exist over there.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 08:57 AM CDT
>>The only purpose death scars serve is to make it so empaths cant heal up a ton of people then just die and depart instead of healing themselves.

Which should be the empaths choice to loose all that experience.
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 10:16 AM CDT
Rather simplistic to say it was only to prevent Empaths from departing to clean themselves up. Everyone could depart and subsequently "heal" their wounds and scars before that.

D
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 04:18 PM CDT
>I was told that they were put in place for an RP event when Raise was taken away.

The "Event" was used to implement death scars, not the other way around.

A Necromancer messed with the chalice which was (is?) important to Clerics on the Ressurection quest, and apparently managed to hurt Hodierna. Other than the Empath departing problem, this was also part of a crusade to make death suck more because it just "doesn't mean enough" in the eyes of a certain few.

I consider neither of these a "useful purpose" to begin with, but I wish you all the luck in the world getting this revoked.

Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 07:58 PM CDT
>The "Event" was used to implement death scars, not the other way around.

The "Event" was to re-introduce resurrection. Death scars were just a happy accident that has lost its :) factor. Its like Caturday for dead kittens :(

The spark of truth can be very powerful in the methane filled bowels of ignorance.
Re: Death Scars 03/17/2008 10:10 PM CDT
>The "Event" was to re-introduce resurrection.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. My statement is still true and corrects what I was replying to, but admittedly was not the whole picture either.

Re: Death Scars 03/18/2008 11:41 AM CDT
The event that brought about death scars was with the North Wind Banshee taking Asketi's power and taking over the yearly Ride. End result, the Banshee was defeated and Asketi returned in a weakened condition and could no longer fully heal corpses after departing. By performing several of Asketi's Rides, Asketi regained her former glory. Now we have a full fledged god again that is unable to do their former job.

There was a similar incident in greek times when Zeus lost his power to throw lightning bolts so he picked up the habit of throwin rotten figs. Zeus got his power back but to this day prefers to throw rotten figs when he is extremely upset because it makes Hercules giggle.
/sarcasm

Ps. Necro Pooch and the enchanted chalice were not involved.

Re: Death Scars 03/18/2008 12:27 PM CDT
>There was a similar incident in greek times when Zeus lost his power to throw lightning bolts so he picked up the habit of throwin rotten figs. Zeus got his power back but to this day prefers to throw rotten figs when he is extremely upset because it makes Hercules giggle.

Haha.