Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/07/2015 05:06 PM CST
Well, the server was recently upgraded and all, so hows about we unnerf chain lightning back to its former glory? :D?
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 06:50 AM CST

If you want a spell that hits everything in the room, get USOL.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 10:37 AM CST
>>If you want a spell that hits everything in the room, get USOL.

Still only hits six, which stinks when you blast your pet rather then something trying to actually hurt your face.

Samsaren
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 08:14 PM CST
We need a spell feat that lets us ignore our pets with AOE spells. I'd spend a slot on that.

(Non-necro that feels your necro-pain.)

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 08:38 PM CST
>> We need a spell feat that lets us ignore our pets with AOE spells. I'd spend a slot on that.

God yes.

My most potent disabler and my most potent TM spell are both unusable if I want to use my pets too. :<

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 08:53 PM CST
USOL hitting pets is totally intentional and an encouragement not to use a cyclic TM and a zombie at the same time.

This is in contrast to every other guild who flat out needs to run a Cyclic or otherwise give up the Cyclic "slot" to have a combat pet out.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/09/2015 10:32 PM CST
>USOL hitting pets is totally intentional and an encouragement not to use a cyclic TM and a zombie at the same time.

Well, I meant for other than just USOL. I get it being a thing for USOL, but every other AOE in existence? Surely some of them could be aimed "around" or not at your pet.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 12:13 AM CST
I dislike investing precious spell slots on magical feats but I would be pretty tempted to pick up a feat that allowed me the option to cast TKS on all hostile creatures while ignoring friendly Guardian Spirits (or strike down the GS along with the hostiles).

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 07:43 AM CST

>This is in contrast to every other guild who flat out needs to run a Cyclic or otherwise give up the Cyclic "slot" to have a combat pet out.

Warmies can have MAB, and Rangers can have AF without using a cyclic. In terms of 'alternative sources of damage', Warmies can also have BG/DB.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 08:38 AM CST
Eh. The WM spell options aren't fully autonomous damage options like pets. They are cast and have durations in the form of strikes, then have to be recast.

To me it's the difference between having MAF as a defense spell and having a cyclic non ablative damage reduction spell.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 08:54 AM CST
>>Rangers can have AF without using a cyclic.

This spell is so useless and broken that it shouldn't even be considered a pet. I don't know a single Ranger who uses this beyond playing/testing with it. Plus there is a 2+ hour cooldown before you can re-cast it.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 09:39 AM CST

I'm not saying AF is comparable to a zombie, but it is a pet that is based on caster TM that can be cast without taking the cyclic slot.

MAB requires loading, but can have pretty fast load times. And DB/BG have I think 1s RT? So if we're talking about 'damage outputs', Necros are doing great with Zombie + Mudman + USOL (even though it hurts your pets) + TM + weapon (5 sources), and WMs are doing great with MAB + DB/BG + FR/RoS/Rime + TM + Weapon (5 sources). I wouldn't call them equivalents, but it's certainly on the close side.

And to be clear, I don't think WMs should get nerfed here. WMs have a great scope and potential for explodifying things and I think that's great.
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 12:23 PM CST
Aspects of DR do not conform to the present design document? I am beyond shocked this is a travesty what have I been paying for all these years.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Chain Lightning Nerfed because it was causing server crashes. 12/10/2015 02:06 PM CST
I'm just holding out for the Necromancer vitality-sapping version of Soul Attrition. :V

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com