CMUD issues 07/09/2007 03:39 PM CDT
Login: My password for my account never saves.

Reconnect: It doesn't work at all. I have to close the session and then open it back up.

Is anyone else having these problems? I find it odd no one has said anything here or on the zuggsoft forums.

I've run CMUD on three different computers with XP, two different vista, two different xp virtual machines on each vista machine and two xp virtual machines on 2 of the XP computers. I run into these issues on all of them.
Re: CMUD issues 07/09/2007 03:51 PM CDT
>>I find it odd no one has said anything here or on the zuggsoft forums.

You are, without a doubt, just not looking hard enough. Both issues have been posted about on the Zuggsoft.com forums. I expect them to be fixed in the next version, but it's been so long since they were mentioned that I don't recall what Zugg said about them other than "confirmed. Added to bug list."

For the password issue, there's a workaround. Open up the Session Properties (in ZMud, these were called Character Properties) and click on the Character tab. There should be two textboxes there with your accountname and password info (or rather, where they should go). Just type your password in there and save. Forever after (until you decide to change it or want to log in with a different account), you shouldn't need to worry about it.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: CMUD issues 07/09/2007 04:22 PM CDT
Yeah, I've tried that. Everytime I click save changes and go back in it's blank. This could be because I had some exception running at the time. The forum search is terrible.

Since you definitely keep up with all this stuff more than anyone else, have a few other inquiries for you before I post some issues to zuggsoft forums. I think I went from 1.20 to 1.34 out of frustration. I can script my moon mage mostly but recreating my combat system for my barbarian is a nightmare.

Expression Triggers - Once I end a session and go back in, they no longer work. I have to delete it and make a new one.

Wait Triggers - A wait state in a multi-state trigger doesn't work.

And of course the editor is FUBAR when scripts are running. Which I have seen there, but I can't believe he would actually release this stuff as a public version. I wish he would just fix the bugs right now instead of adding features like SSH.

Hmm... I actually thought I had more complaints and I'm sure I do, just can't remember right now. The expression trigger is the biggest pain.

Ok, I'm done whining.
Re: CMUD issues 07/09/2007 05:56 PM CDT
>>I wish he would just fix the bugs right now instead of adding features like SSH.

First off, whenever you have a Windows error or Access Violation come up, immediately stop doing what you were doing and close down CMud via the task manager. Using the task manager prevents the CMud autosave feature from activating and possibly saving bad data to your database of settings. Trying to play through such things or pretending it doesn't matter will only cause major problems.

>>I think I went from 1.20 to 1.34 out of frustration.

Second, you may want to not wait so long between upgrades. 1.20 was before the first public release of CMud, and versions before 1.24 had lots of bugs and design changes. Artifacts from the attempts of newer versions to fix issues may leave little gremlins in your data that later start making your copy act weird when other users don't have your problems.

CMud is mostly stable now, judging by the bug reports coming in. If you are having major issues, it's very likely that most of them are caused by poor choices on your part or the random consequences of crashes (neither of which are Zugg's fault). Before you start ranting and whining--and before you start recreating everything from scratch--try these quick and easy solutions:

1)delete the .tbr files. I never had to, so I don't know which ones need to be kept (if any). I think these are autocreated, so you shouldn't have any issues. If you do, reinstalling should fix them.

2)when connecting to either online or offline mode, hold down the SHIFT key to force CMud to abandon your saved layout. Your windows will go back to default, so as soon as you can reset the windows the way you like and let CMud autosave them. As an alternative, you could delete the .xly files and recreate them (same as you would via the SHIFT method). I don't believe the cmud.xly is autocreated, so if you delete that file you will need to reinstall.

3)manually recreate a few triggers by hand and in either the default character (instead of clicking connect on one of your character sessions, press the escape key instead) or a newly created character or package. If these newly-recreated triggers work, then the problem is in the triggers and existing settings (which I can't help with if I can't see them.)

Expression triggers? Give me an example that isn't working. I don't recall this being an issue anymore.

Wait states? Ditto. In fact, as best I know mine all still work and they were all created prior to 1.34.

>>I can script my moon mage mostly but recreating my combat system for my barbarian is a nightmare.

This is helpful.

Re: CMUD issues 07/09/2007 06:05 PM CDT
>> Second, you may want to not wait so long between upgrades. 1.20 was before the first public release of CMud, and versions before 1.24 had lots of bugs and design changes.

I meant the last version I used before 1.34 was 1.20 and I didn't use CMUD for so long out of frustration. I worded that badly. All my CMUD installs are fresh, I never upgrade.

Expression triggers just utterly stop working after I close a session and start it back up later. I may be wrong on wait though. Not positive if I tried them out recently.

I can create a variable and expression trigger on a fresh install, no other settings. Close CMUD, go back in and the trigger doesn't work anymore. I'm completely baffled why this doesn't seem to affect anyone else. I've searched for "expression trigger" in posts and looked through every result for someone else having this issue and couldn't find anything.
Re: CMUD issues 07/09/2007 07:13 PM CDT
Ok, the expression trigger must be a bug, but I know this one came up earlier. Looking for the mention, however, it seems that Zugg's only fixed issues that caused crashing and hasn't yet fixed lesser-priority expression trigger issues.

Waits work perfectly, though.