502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/24/2016 02:22 PM CDT
For the last several months I've been getting 502 bad gateway errors when navigating the forums. Often it is a global thing over the forums and appears to be for everyone, but many times it is only for certain threads and appears to only apply to me or at least not everybody. Which threads that it happens to appears to be random as far as I can tell.

E.g. right now I get this error for the Lore//Tinkering discipline//Engineering/Tinkering & Instruments thread. I can see people posting in it, but am unable to view the actual posts because of the 502 bad gateway.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/24/2016 03:25 PM CDT
This just started happening for me too today. I get the error consistently in the Warrior Mage Aethereal Pathways folder now, but not the one you mentioned so it def seems tied to account/individual activity.
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/24/2016 03:38 PM CDT
Having this randomly happen (including in this folder, even!), but it only seems to happen when I'm reading all the posts in specific folder (ie: clicking "last page").

Using any of the "Show All New Messages" seems to work fine.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/24/2016 04:59 PM CDT
Yep, last page or trying to view individual posts is what does it for me.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/24/2016 10:11 PM CDT

We sent this up to onsite to take a look. No promises as to when it's going to be fixed.

If it helps, staff is having the same issue.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/25/2016 03:04 AM CDT
Having the same issue but seems to be working now that i change from legacy view to threaded view from the forum options menu.
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/25/2016 04:26 AM CDT
I've been experiencing this issue as well. I was able to view one of the topics by switching from legacy to threaded view, but then when I attempted to post I was right back to the 502 bad gateway message.

It actually looks like my post went through, though now I'm unable to bring up the thread in either legacy or threaded view.

I think it's time to beat on the dead horse and suggest yet again that it's time for a forum update.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: 502 bad gateway only for certain folders randomly 05/25/2016 02:10 PM CDT
This was happening to me as well yesterday, and the only solution was Threaded view.