Unmarkable as read? 03/26/2013 02:45 PM CDT
So I see this has happened before. None of the posts/threads in [Leth Deriel] or [Shard and environs, in the Province of Ilithi] become read for me, and I can't mark the folder as read nor ignore them. Halp.
Re: Unmarkable as read? 03/26/2013 03:53 PM CDT
It's a nightmare. Go post on the simutronics board under forums. Someone should find you in a day or two.

Oddly enough looking for support in the "Dragonrealms --> Discussions --> Support - Message Boards won't get you any support for the message boards.

You'd know this if you had searched the boards for previous posts about... oh that's right, no search function.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Unmarkable as read? 03/27/2013 08:42 AM CDT
<<So I see this has happened before. None of the posts/threads in [Leth Deriel] or [Shard and environs, in the Province of Ilithi] become read for me, and I can't mark the folder as read nor ignore them. Halp.

I'm not having this problem myself, but maybe this is because I generally use "Show New Messages, All Categories and Topics." Do you generally use the Mark as read or ignore function or was this a one time thing? What I'm curious is if this is a localized issue for some people or if it's just a random bug. Do you check the boards on a desktop/laptop or is this a mobile issue?

Posting over in Simutronics > Forum Discussions will likely net you faster help, since that is where the onsite staff in charge of the forums apparently reads, specifically this thread http://forums.play.net/forums/Simutronics/Forums%20Discussions/Forums%203.0/view/255 seemed helpful.

Nikpack
Re: Unmarkable as read? 03/27/2013 09:35 AM CDT
I've had this issue in the past. Clear your browser cookies and reload the browser. Should be better then.

Hope this helps!

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Unmarkable as read? 03/27/2013 11:08 AM CDT

>I'm not having this problem myself, but maybe this is because I generally use "Show New Messages, All Categories and Topics." Do you generally use the Mark as read or ignore function or was this a one time thing? What I'm curious is if this is a localized issue for some people or if it's just a random bug. Do you check the boards on a desktop/laptop or is this a mobile issue?

I read new messages, all categories et al., in legacy view. I just came back from a year-long hiatus that started when I sliced my hand open and sort of dragged on when college got a bit intense... when I came back I had a couple thousand posts to mark as read. Those two folders refused to cooperate in leagacy or threaded view (which, weirdly, seem to have quasi-independent 'read' bits').

Same issue on multiple browsers, on multiple desktops, laptops, mobile devices... Actually it works fine in Mobile Mode! But doesn't fix it in pc mode.

Anyway I'll go bug Simu-Mike's stomping grounds. Hopefully I can stop ignoring Places, Cities... since those 3000 posts are really cluttering up my unread list, otherwise. -__-