mobile mode 02/19/2012 08:36 PM CST
I am unable to view the contents of any thread in mobile mode, and have not been able to for a long time on my phone. This hasn't been an issue, until now. The new facebook and google+ buttons make viewing in pc mode on my phone almost impossible, because of slow downs and crashes. I.e. I am no longer able to read the forums via mobile.

I'm using an android phone, and have had zero issues with pc mode viewing until the last couple of days.
Re: mobile mode 02/19/2012 08:45 PM CST
<<I am unable to view the contents of any thread in mobile mode, and have not been able to for a long time on my phone. This hasn't been an issue, until now. The new facebook and google+ buttons make viewing in pc mode on my phone almost impossible, because of slow downs and crashes. I.e. I am no longer able to read the forums via mobile.>>

Looking into the possibility of making a "text version" of those buttons that will work with Mobile Mode.

Solomon
Re: mobile mode 02/20/2012 03:08 AM CST
<<Looking into the possibility of making a "text version" of those buttons that will work with Mobile Mode.

While that would be a nice feature, it doesn't address my issue.

Mobile mode doesn't work for me on my phone for some reason, both before and after the facebook/google buttons. I can view everything that's not message level such as folder categories and even the listing of threads with new posts, but as soon as I try to navigate to any page that includes the content of a message I get this error:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

Everything above is while in Mobile mode. As I mentioned, this hasn't been an issue up until a few days ago, since PC Mode had zero issues, and behaved exactly like it should. However, now that the new buttons are up in PC mode and causing lag and crashes, I can no longer read posts at all in either PC mode or Mobile Mode.

If it matters this is with an Android 2.1 smartphone.

Sidenote: I didn't even think this thread had been posted until I discovered it when I got home, since I did it via mobile mode and received the above error when trying to submit it. I had used the 'Post' link at the category level to create it, and was able to do everything normally up to the point of submitting. I assumed it hadn't gone through because of the error, but I guess it was just trying to navigate me to a message level page after submitting it and the error came from that, rather than the submission itself.