Forum Issues on 11/30 11/30/2011 12:32 PM CST
Good Morning all,

Some time early this morning, the forums began to experience significant disruptions to the point where they were not accessible at all. A reset was performed at approximately 6am CT on the servers and the forums resumed functioning. However, at approximately 9am CT, the problem began to occur again. Another reset was performed and the developers began looking for a systemic issue. The main cause of the servers malfunctioning was identified and the code was modified to remove the failure conditions noted.

The code was pushed out to our test instance at 11:30am CT and testing was successful there. However, due to some misconfiguration, additional errors cropped up once the code was pushed live. These have since been resolved and the forums should be functional again as of 12:20pm CT.

If you notice any new problems that started today after noon CT, please post either in the DragonRealms, Discussions with DR Staff and Players, Support - Message Boards Topic or in the Forums 3.0 Topic in the Simutronics board.

-Michael
Re: Forum Issues on 11/30 11/30/2011 01:28 PM CST
>>SIMU-Michaelm: If you notice any new problems that started today after noon CT, please post either in the DragonRealms, Discussions with DR Staff and Players, Support - Message Boards Topic or in the Forums 3.0 Topic in the Simutronics board.

Forum pages are loading more slowly (if at all), "Show New Messages, All Categories and Topics" doesn't work about 50% of the time, and I'm getting application errors.

Application Error

An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Forum Issues on 11/30 11/30/2011 01:42 PM CST
Skynet appears to have taken over my forums.

By which I mean SKYNET IS AN INTUITIVE TOOL and I WELCOME ITS INTRODUCTION.
Malkien
Re: Forum Issues on 11/30 11/30/2011 03:29 PM CST
>Forum pages are loading more slowly (if at all), "Show New Messages, All Categories and Topics" doesn't work about 50% of the time, and I'm getting application errors.

This has been a major frustration for me as well since the forum update. However, i don't use Show New Messages, All Categories.

-pete
Re: Forum Issues on 11/30 12/01/2011 09:10 PM CST
Yeah I get application errors daily since the update.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Forum Issues on 11/30 12/03/2011 08:11 PM CST
Had the server error thing for over 20 minutes again tonight. Y'all said to post more problems, so here I am.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~