Error loading skin from [storm.skn] 06/28/2021 07:51 PM CDT
A google search resulted in people from other Simutronics games having trouble accessing via Stormfront and getting the above error. Does anyone know the cause or a viable solution to it? Seems to be occurring whether or not I use the website, SGE, SGE as an admin, etc. Just got a brand new laptop and I can't access the game, so it must be some sort of backend setting. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything as well - no dice.

The behavior is I get all the way to the point where I should enter the game, and I can see the icon in the taskbar, but left clicking doesn't allow the game to pop up. Alt tabbing won't let me get to the front end either. Right clicking on the icon results in a Critical Error dialogue with the error in the title popping up.

Anyone experience this or find root cause or a workaround? Sort of at a loss of where to go from here.

I did notice something from back in 2008 when a Vista user had this issue and had to do something with UAC, but I don't even know where to start with that - any advice would be great.
Re: Error loading skin from [storm.skn] 06/28/2021 07:55 PM CDT
For the record - it appears as though I'm getting into the actual game (if I try to login a 2nd time without force closing the front end from my taskbar I get the disconnected from the game error). It's just the frontend itself won't maximize / come to the forefront of the desktop.