server script storage 08/12/2020 12:25 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I can't seem to get my scripts back onto the server. I was writing one at my parents house over holiday when I got a pop-up saying my scripts had been sent to local storage because the overall file size was to big. other than copy and pasting them I can't find a way to get them off of their computer. any advice would be much appreciated.
Re: server script storage 08/12/2020 06:30 PM CDT
Have you tried removing a script or two? The server can only hold so much so I'd try taking out my largest script and seeing if they'd save then.
It's what I usually do.

Nikpack
Re: server script storage 08/15/2020 02:17 PM CDT

I had never used cloud storage until recently when I started having my scripts trigger sound files and they would not work after switching from my desktop 'puter to my laptop even though I seemed to have the files in the same folders on each. (Do to windows blah/blah/username/blah and not matching usernames on each computer)
ANYWAYS, so then I made a "OneDrive" account which I use almost exclusively for DR. I set it to keep the files on the local hardrive as well as the cloud, so everything I save there is automatically copied to each computer as well as accessible on the cloud by each. So anytime I need to add a script or a sound file or look at any other saved information, it's there no matter which computer I am on.
Hope that helps. (If you are on Windows. If you are on Mac, then maybe some other similar service will work)
Re: server script storage 08/15/2020 10:49 PM CDT

brilliant! thanks for the advice everyone.
Re: server script storage 08/19/2020 09:18 AM CDT

I have a follow up question. Can anyone tell us what are storage limit is for the files that get saved to the DR server?
Re: server script storage 08/19/2020 10:42 AM CDT
I looked around some and couldn't find any mention of specific storage limits but if you click OPTIONS->SETTINGS->LOCATION it'll show you current file sizes. I know the limit is small. If you have a reasonably sized combat script and more than a few simple scripts it'll be too large. Any established characters I've had have run up against the limit quickly so I always just copy paste my scripts into my email so i've got access to them whenever I switch computers. Highlights are the only thing I bother saving on the server.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: server script storage 08/19/2020 02:48 PM CDT
You don't want super big server storage anyway since the game sends all your server-stored FE data when you connect. I recommend non-server storage for this reason - it'll slow your connect time.
Re: server script storage 08/21/2020 02:18 PM CDT

>I looked around some and couldn't find any mention of specific storage limits but if you click OPTIONS->SETTINGS->LOCATION it'll show you current file sizes.

Yea that is actually what prompted the question. If I knew the limit I could keep an eye on that. Would be nice to know if we have a limit per character or per account as well.

As far as loading that data on entry. not a problem here, takes a second or less I'm sure. I have blistering speeds that I pay dearly for, but for those without that opportunity, that's some good advice to think about I'm sure.

And from my previous post, I meant OUR not ARE. Sheesh. LOL!!!