SF freezes 03/28/2017 10:10 AM CDT
Hello! I can't seem to figure out how to search the message boards... so I'm not sure if someone already posted this bug...
But STORMFRONT has a serious issue with freezing during a script.

I can't figure out WHY it's freezing.. sometimes it'll freeze on a MATCHWAIT, sometimes it'll just freeze on a PUT, or even a PAUSE.

There are two very frustrating things about the script freezing bug on Stormfront...
1) It'll UNFREEZE if you do something that causes Roundtime. (Usually only to freeze again within minutes)
2) It only happens to my free to play characters. For whatever reason, my paid subscription characters do not have this problem. (They are both running the same exact script)

Has anyone else experienced this?
Re: SF freezes 03/28/2017 10:18 AM CDT

It's a known issue, I think it has to do with the way you wrote your match tables. There's a couple threads about it if you search around, I know I've seen them before.
Re: SF freezes 03/28/2017 01:27 PM CDT
>Has anyone else experienced this?

Pretty sure it's just a coincidence that it only happens with your f2p characters. I've had it freeze on both premium and basic subscription as well as f2p accounts (for years in the case of the subscription accounts). It appears to be exacerbated the longer you're logged in and performing script intensive activities; especially when your scripts have long match tables or call other scripts.
Check out:

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/General%20Discussions/thread/1684845
and
http://tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Support%20-%20Front%20Ends%20(Game%20Access)/thread/1705757

specifically this theory:
"...Occasionally, the RT tracker in SF never shuts off. Effectively, SF believes that you are stuck in a perpetual Roundtime, which is why initiating an action that causes a Roundtime makes the script start working again.

The sequence of events is thus...
* Script executes a command which initiates a roundtime.
* SF turns on the "In Roundtime" flag; this prevents the script from imputing new commands until it is cleared.
* The Roundtime ends; SF fails to clear the "In Roundtime" flag.
* The player manually initiates an action that causes a Roundtime.
* SF turns on the "In Roundtime" flag again, which was already active.
* The Roundtime ends, this time correctly alerting SF, and the "In Roundtime" flag clears.
* The script continues.
..."

Obligatory download Lich and use it's scripting engine and/or premade scripts with SF (or whatever FE you prefer). (although I don't personally do this the word is it's life changing...ingame in-FE automapper, lnet chat, etc)
Re: SF freezes 03/28/2017 08:19 PM CDT
Thanks for such a thorough response! I was hoping for a solution... but as I suspected... it's a glitch that hasn't been resolved. ::sigh:: But your knowledgeable post is really appreciated! And it also seems to make a lot of sense for someone that doesn't know much about how the software works "under the hood" so-to-speak.
Cheers!
Sean
Re: SF freezes 03/28/2017 11:26 PM CDT
After thinking about our conversation today I realized something...
The freezes only happen in combat. Perhaps it isn't as simple as an RT timer within Stormfront?
Re: SF freezes 03/28/2017 11:45 PM CDT
>After thinking about our conversation today I realized something...
>The freezes only happen in combat. Perhaps it isn't as simple as an RT timer within Stormfront?

My freezes happened more commonly running non-combat training scripts or during travel. If they're mostly happening during combat (for you) try shrinking your match tables so they aren't as populated (long). Are your commands scripted before or following the match tables?