Type Ahead Lines 12/03/2016 10:10 AM CST

Hi everyone, recently it seems my type ahead lines have stopped functioning. I am premium, within the prime instance and should have 3 lines. I used to be able to put in a command, then another and even if I was in round time, Genie would wait and when the round time ended the second typed command would trigger. Well this all stopped recently and the second command never triggers. I now always have to retype the second command. This is annoying and I don't think this should be happening as I have not seen any messages about type ahead lines going away. Anyone have any ideas or can help me? Is it a trigger within Genie or something? Full disclosure I am pretty computer language illiterate and not good with command lines etc so detailed instructions are appreciated. Reply here or catch me on AIM if that's easier. Thanks in advance.

Brenna
dr_brenna
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/03/2016 11:23 AM CST
Have you tried to see if this also happens on abother front-end, like Stormfront or Wizard? Or is this genie exclusive?

Nikpack
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/03/2016 01:02 PM CST

I only run in Genie and it appears to be a $lastcommand trigger issue that was conflicting with a script or two and now just my sitting around doing something has RT causes issues with other everyday mundane tasks where I maybe conversing etc. Annoying.
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/03/2016 05:26 PM CST
>>Brennarose: I only run in Genie and it appears to be a $lastcommand trigger issue that was conflicting with a script or two and now just my sitting around doing something has RT causes issues with other everyday mundane tasks where I maybe conversing etc. Annoying.

Do you still have this issue when you remove that trigger?

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/03/2016 11:12 PM CST

Yes, after removing that trigger is when this issue started to happen. The best example I can give is if I am in roundtime for say an appraisal, and I try to think and send the command with say 5 seconds of RT left, the thought will never register. It simply vanishes, where prior, it would send upon completion of the roundtime for the appraisal.
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/04/2016 02:26 AM CST
>where prior, it would send upon completion of the roundtime for the appraisal.

Wait, that is not how type ahead lines work - they allow you to submit commands to the game before it has processed your last command. Why was this working for you previously? Some Genie command queue?

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/04/2016 02:56 AM CST
>>Wait, that is not how type ahead lines work

This. Type-ahead lines allow you to send multiple commands at once. For example you might mash the direction buttons faster, or input a line (like I do in Avalon) something like "get umbrella from bag\nstow" -- the \n meaning I'm sending both commands effectively at once. The game processes your commands very quickly and the more type-ahead lines you have the more you can ask it to process at once.

Inputting a command during roundtime has nothing to do with type-ahead. That is a setting of your FE. From what I know, it's default in genie for it to ignore commands input during RT. I'm afraid I don't use genie, but I imagine there is some kind of preferences menu that may allow you to change this.

- Navesi
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/04/2016 03:37 AM CST
>>Brennarose: Yes, after removing that trigger is when this issue started to happen. The best example I can give is if I am in roundtime for say an appraisal, and I try to think and send the command with say 5 seconds of RT left, the thought will never register. It simply vanishes, where prior, it would send upon completion of the roundtime for the appraisal.

I believe the trigger was actually doing that for you, not anything with typeahead lines.

#trigger {^\.\.\.wait \d seconds?\.$} {#queue clear;#send 1 $lastcommand}

If you find that roundtime-sensitive commands (in scripts) are not waiting long enough even with send, you can increase Genie's roundtimeoffset setting.

Type:

#config roundtimeoffset X
#config save

X equals the number of seconds. (I use 0.5.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Type Ahead Lines 12/04/2016 06:18 PM CST
Thank you Isharon. I will give this a shot. Adding back the trigger and adjusting that round-time offset as you recommended. If I have any further issues I will try and seek you out. Sorry for the confusion between type ahead lines vs. triggers, etc, not all of us are well versed so I appreciate everyone's patience and attempts at teaching!

Brenna