Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/01/2022 12:22 AM CDT
No offense. Paklin is one of the greatest ranger GMs we ever had. Rangers need so much work. This is weak. Could we please allow Paklin to work on real ranger problems. This should be considered so beneath him. I thank you for your work, but really, help us.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/01/2022 08:14 AM CDT
> No offense. Paklin is one of the greatest ranger GMs we ever had. Rangers need so much work. This is weak. Could we please allow Paklin to work on real ranger problems. This should be considered so beneath him. I thank you for your work, but really, help us.

As a software developer for several years myself. I should say that while Paklin may be working on stuff that is broader and more important it could easily have been a "hrm, this looks easy, I can do this in an hour while I think of a solution to this other problem I'm working on."

And thus a Tuesday Tidings is born.

- Do I know that is what happened, no. Do I believe this was simply a piece of QoL work that he decided to tackle while doing larger work, yes.
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/01/2022 05:30 PM CDT
>>Rangers need so much work. This is weak.

"Rangers got reworked" would not be Tuesday Tiding material.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/02/2022 12:58 AM CDT
"Rangers got reworked" would not be Tuesday Tiding material.

Why wouldnt it be? Ive seen guilds get things in the Tuesday tidings. I think Paklin doing Tuesday tiding is nice, but wouldnt his skill be better suited to something that hasnt had any development basically since he left?

Rangers havent gotten any love since they took everything away. Swarm sucks, HB sucks, everyone can use our skills now. Companions suck. They took Hunters bows away. Everyone gets development and rangers get development and rangers get told we need to take this away because in 1999 you were too powerful

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/02/2022 11:55 AM CDT
>>Why wouldnt it be? Ive seen guilds get things in the Tuesday tidings.

Tuesday Tidings are more "here's a new area," "we updated a verb," and "here's a QoL improvement," they're not something of the scale that you seem to be asking about. They can be guild-specific, but it's more along the lines of "more housing for guild," or "your spell that used to display things one way now displays stuff a more modern way"

Something of the scale of the Anabasis spellbook for Necromancers, the Barrier review, and other larger-scale projects aren't Tuesday Tiding material.

Not discounting that you want Ranger stuff, but Tuesday Tidings aren't really your competition unless you want something more along the lines of "the toggle that displays some things numerically now works with wilderness bonus too" instead of "companion rewrite"

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/02/2022 12:02 PM CDT
Or to put things another way....

Expecting Paklin to not do Tuesday Tidings and instead give major changes to Rangers, is - to me - like...

A masters level carpenter, who typically builds extravagant home living spaces. Coming home to visit parents then them going "That wasn't helpful, I really expected you to build us a new living room, we haven't updated it in years"
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/07/2022 06:28 PM CDT
Going to echo what Tev said and add a bit.

Tuesday Tidings is not the space for guild overhauls. We do small, bite-sized projects that can realistically be done and QC'd within a week's time. Completely overhauling a guild has never and will never fit that approach. Even a subset like "rewrite companions" wouldn't -- that is a massive project that has burned out more than one GM over the years. I glanced over our project list -- Rangers got a guild housing area in TT22 (still 3 homes available, btw), Empaths got decade shifting (literally 2 lines of code -- see the release post), and Traders got an update to arrangements they can make with the Negotiants. Out of the (shortly) 120 weekly releases we've made, I'm not seeing some flood of guild projects coming from strike team. Seeing as one of the three we have done was focused on Rangers, I don't think anyone could fairly claim we're being biased against Rangers either.

Further -- every GM who releases things for Tuesday Tidings does so voluntarily and in addition to their normal duties. They pick their own projects. I'm not over here foisting stuff onto people against their will. Everyone with the strike team is able to propose their own projects, and this was one that Paklin proposed and chose to work on himself.

We know Rangers are in need of some attention, but those needs are greater than strike team can realistically solve. If you have specific, small requests that we could look into, we're happy to consider them! But anything that involves "rewrite X" shouldn't be directed our way.

Zadraes
Re: Tuesday Tidings - 119 - Loot As You Please 06/07/2022 06:33 PM CDT
>>If you have specific, small requests that we could look into, we're happy to consider them!

Toggle for OATH 3rd party cast messaging. :)